15 Healthy Thanksgiving Desserts
Published Oct 19, 2023, Updated Nov 21, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
From healthier holiday classics to favorite fall treats here are over 15 easy and healthy Thanksgiving dessert recipes with something for everyone!
I’m all for indulging in your favorite classic Thanksgiving dishes, but if you’re like me and typically crave some healthier dessert options at the dinner table you’re in luck because today I’m sharing my favorite healthy Thanksgiving desserts!
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or bringing a dish to share, these nutritious and delicious desserts are guaranteed to be the star of the show (sorry turkey)! And I bet nobody will even notice that they’re made with better-for-you ingredients, proving that healthier alternatives can be just as delectable as the classics.
Healthy Thanksgiving Desserts
From lightened-up holiday classics (think vegan pumpkin pie and healthy sweet potato pie), to brownies and lots of pumpkin and apple recipes I’ve got you covered with plenty of dessert ideas that taste delicious and are made with nutritious ingredients. Enjoy!
Dutch Apple Pie
Vegan Tofu Pumpkin Pie
Vegan Chocolate Pie
Healthy Sweet Potato Pie
Pecan Pie Brownies
Healthy Apple Crisp
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bars
Mini Raw Apple Pies
Healthy Apple Crumble Bars
Sweet Potato Brownies
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Healthy Pumpkin Cake
More Collections You Might Enjoy
- 17 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes You’ll Crave
- How to Make Almond Milk + Almond Milk Recipes
- 36 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes To Try This Year
- 52+ Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes
- 50+ Vegetable Side Dishes
- 30+ Healthy Apple Recipes
- 21 Healthy Casseroles
- 21 Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 37 Healthy Game Day Recipes
- The BEST Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- 26 Amazing Canned Pumpkin Recipes
- 50 Healthy Thanksgiving Sides
- 35 Healthy Soup Recipes
Be sure to check out all of the healthy Thanksgiving recipes on EBF!
Healthy Thanksgiving Desserts
- 1 9” store-bought or homemade pie crust
- 8 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened or coconut oil
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Fit pie crust in pie plate, crimping the edges. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss apple slices with lemon juice, coconut sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch (or arrowroot flour) and salt until evenly coated.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, rolled oats, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Add softened butter and use your hands or a fork to mix together until a crumble consistency forms.
- Pour apples into the pie crust, mounding them towards the center.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over apples.
- Place pie pan on a baking sheet to help prevent any spillage that may happen. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until crust is browned and apples are bubbling. Check the pie a few times while baking to make sure that the crust and topping aren’t browning too much. If that happens cover with tin foil.
- Remove from oven and let pie cool to room temperature before cutting so the filling has time to set.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
- Vegan: Use vegan butter or coconut oil if you need this pie to be vegan.
- Gluten-free: Use a gluten-free pie crust and gluten-free all-purpose flour if you need this recipe to be gluten-free.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.