This is a copycat recipe created with the HSH Quinoa Sweet Potato Cakes served in the prepared foods section at my local Whole Foods. I like these quinoa cakes served hot, at room temperature, or even leftover and cold straight out of the fridge. Make them into burger size patties or make smaller cakes and serve them as appetizers! This recipe makes a lot (2.5 lbs of quinoa cake “dough”) but the baked patties do freeze well!
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes (2 medium sized), peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup lundburg wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Steam sweet potato chunks for 20-25 minutes. Then puree sweet potatoes in stand mixer. You could also use a food processor or blender.
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, cooked quinoa, cooked rice, green onions, cranberries, sage, salt and pepper.
- Form and flatten portions of the “dough” into patties.
- Lay the patties onto parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray (or stoneware) and bake for 15-20 minutes until they’re lightly brown and crisp on the outside.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or straight from the fridge.