These sweet potato quinoa cakes are made with wild rice and studded with dried cranberries. They are delicious served hot, cold or at room temperature. I love serving them over salad.
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes (2 medium sized), peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup Lundburg wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dried sage
- ½ Tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam sweet potato chunks for 20-25 minutes. Then puree sweet potatoes in stand mixer. You could also use a food processor or blender.
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, cooked quinoa, cooked rice, green onions, cranberries, sage, salt and pepper.
- Form and flatten portions of the “dough” into patties.
- Lay the patties onto parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray (or stoneware) and bake for 15-20 minutes until they’re lightly brown and crisp on the outside.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or straight from the fridge.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa cakes