Bella Hadid Salad
Published Nov 17, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Here’s how to make the viral Bella Hadid salad with arugula, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado and parmesan all drizzled with lemon juice, olive oil and a balsamic glaze. It’s light, refreshing and so easy to whip up!
I’m obsessed with the viral Jennifer Aniston salad so when I saw Bella Hadid’s favorite salad go viral on TikTok I just had to try it!
I’m not going to lie I didn’t know who Bella Hadid was before this salad (she’s a supermodel, in case you didn’t know!), but she sure does know how to put together a delicious salad! I love how light and refreshing this salad is and how easy it is to whip up. All you need are 8 main ingredients and there’s no fancy dressing involved… this one just calls for lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic glaze. The finished product is seriously so good!
Why You’ll Love This Salad
- Quick and easy to make! You only need 8 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and one bowl.
- No fancy dressing needed… all you need is olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic glaze!
- It can be served on its own as a light lunch or as a meal-sized salad with added protein.
- baby arugula – the base of this recipe, which brings a nice peppery flavor to this salad and pairs perfectly with the rest of the ingredients.
- cucumber – adds a nice crunch to this salad! I personally like using mini cucumbers (also called a Persian cucumber) because they don’t have large seeds and are less watery.
- red bell pepper – adds a subtle sweetness and refreshing crunch to this salad. I prefer to slice the red pepper into skinny pieces, but feel free to chop it into smaller bites if you prefer.
- avocado – provides some healthy fats that your brain will love. You want to find an avocado that is dark green and slightly soft to the touch. If the avocado is too hard, it will be difficult to cut and eat. If it is too soft, it will be brown on the inside and no good.
- parmesan reggiano – or parmigiano reggiano, adds a great savory flavor and some saltiness. I recommend using a fresh block of parmesan and grating it yourself for the best flavor. The flavor should be complex and nutty, with a slightly sweet finish. The cheese block should also be firm and dry, with a crumbly texture. I definitely don’t recommend skipping the cheese. If you need this salad to be vegan you can use a vegan parmesan or make this hemp parmesan.
- flaky sea salt & black pepper – to balance out all the flavors. For the flaky sea salt I love Maldon sea salt flakes.
- dressing – instead of an elaborate dressing, we’re just using lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic glaze to add a light, refreshing and slightly sweet flavor to the salad. For the olive oil I recommend using a higher quality extra virgin olive oil for the best results. And if you don’t have balsamic glaze on hand you can easily make it at home with just balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Here’s a balsamic glaze recipe if you’re interested in making your own.
How to Make
This salad comes together in about 10 minutes – it’s what makes a great go-to recipe for a great lunch! Just add your arugula to a large bowl, followed by the cucumbers, bell pepper, parmesan cheese and avocado. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic glaze on top. Toss and serve.
How easy is that?!
Notes & Substitutions
- Cheese: The parmesan is a game changer when it comes to this salad, but if you aren’t a fan you can swap it for any kind of cheese. Some ideas: mozzarella cheese, feta cheese and goat cheese. If you need this salad to be vegan, you can skip it altogether or use vegan cheese!
- Greens: If you aren’t a fan of arugula you can swap it with another leafy green like kale, spinach, chard, lettuce or spring mix.
- Veggies: Have different veggies on hand or want to add more? Feel free to use what you have! I bet red onion and carrots would be nice additions!
- Protein: want to beef up this salad and add some protein? Go for it! White beans, air fryer chickpeas, crispy baked tofu, apple cider vinegar chicken, tempeh bacon or air fryer salmon would all be delicious additions.
- Nuts & Seeds: You could add some nuts and/or seeds to this salad for some healthy fats and protein. Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas), sunflower seeds, pistachios and almonds are all great options.
- Dressing: I love the simplicity of the balsamic glaze, olive oil and lemon juice, but there are endless options for dressings that would work well with this salad like this lemon vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette or apple cider vinegar dressing.
- Grains: Mix in some grains like quinoa or farro to make this salad more filling and for added nutrition.
- Spice: Love spicy food? Sprinkle on some red chili flakes or add a drizzle of Sriracha.
How to Store
This salad is best made and eaten right away, but if you have leftovers store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. If you want to prep this salad in advance for meal prep I recommend storing the arugula, bell pepper and cucumber together in a separate container, the shredded cheese in a separate container and then adding the dressing and avocado right before serving.
Popular Salad Recipes
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad
- Farro Salad
- Tabbouleh Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Classic Broccoli Salad
- Greek Salad
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- Sunflower Crunch Salad
- Antipasto Salad
More Viral Recipes
- Jennifer Aniston Salad
- Blended Baked Oats
- One Pan Baked Oatmeal
- Spaghetti Squash Baked Feta Pasta
- Pasta Chips
- Yogurt Toast
- Cloud Bread Pizza
Be sure to check out my full collection of salad recipes on EBF!
Bella Hadid Salad
- 1 5 oz bag of baby arugula
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- ½ cup parmesan reggiano, grated
- Flaky sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add arugula to a large salad bowl. Add cucumbers, bell pepper, parmesan and avocado on top. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over top. Lastly, drizzle on balsamic glaze. Toss and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.