Grilled Curry Chicken
Published Jul 08, 2020, Updated Jul 14, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This juicy grilled curry chicken is coated in a flavorful curry spice blend and doesn’t require any marinating time. Just rub on the spices, grill and enjoy!
Back in 2014 when I first starting eating meat again (after being vegetarian for a few years) I found these Thai curry seasoned chicken skewers from Whole Foods that I loved. It was the best tasting chicken I’d ever had before and I quickly became hooked on the skewers and bought them almost weekly.
After a little research, I figured out how to make my own Thai curry spice blend that was similar to the Whole Foods version and it’s still one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. My apple cider vinegar chicken is another fave!
I have a big batch of the homemade spice blend in the pantry and I make this chicken at least once a week. I love that it’s super flavorful without having to add any oil or sugar!
Just a note, the spice blend is a little on the spicy side from the crushed red pepper. I’m a big fan of spicy food, but if you’re not you may want to use less crushed red pepper than the recipe calls for to tone it down or simply omit it all together.
What to Serve with Curry Grilled Chicken
To make a meal of this curry grilled chicken we usually serve it with a vegetable side (see some ideas below) and a little rice or serve it on salad. I’ve used it as a topping on this peach salad instead of the salmon and it was incredible!
- Crackling Cauliflower
- Easy and Healthy Roasted Broccoli
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Garlicky Kale Salad
- Healthy Pasta Salad
- Asparagus Salad with Lemon and Feta
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad
More Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Apple Cider Vinegar Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Waldorf Salad
- Grilled Chicken and Quinoa Meal Prep Bowls
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Grilled Chicken Breast
- Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Curry With Vegetables
Grilled Curry Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts*
Thai Curry Spice Blend
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2-3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Combine the curry powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and parsley in a small bowl to create the spice blend. Use the spice blend as a rub, using as much as needed to cover each chicken breast. You may have a bit of the spice rub left over — just store any remaining in an airtight container for later use. Just be sure not to contaminate it with any raw chicken juice.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill on medium heat. Lightly oil the grill grate, place chicken on the grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until juice runs clear. Cook time will vary based on the size of your chicken breast.
- If you prefer, you can also use other cuts of chicken, such as boneless skinless thighs or bone-in breasts, thighs or wings.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.