Everything Bagel Dip
Published Jul 14, 2021, Updated Jul 31, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This three ingredient everything bagel dip is the perfect appetizer to serve with fresh veggies, chips or crackers. It’s gluten-free, low carb and vegan, but can easily be made with dairy products if desired.
I feel like every couple of months, a new Trader Joe’s product goes viral. If you live near a big city, you probably love hunting down the latest TJ products, but if you aren’t anywhere near one, you probably feel a little left out… and keep a running list of products to try whenever you travel somewhere that has a TJs.
Another option… make your own version of the popular products! That’s what I did with the mango jicama slaw and now I’m doing it again.
This everything bagel dip is based off of the Trader Joe’s dip that took the world by storm. Theirs is made with a Greek yogurt base, but I actually made mine with plant-based products to keep this vegan and dairy-free! It’s perfect for those of you with dietary restrictions or if you just want to try something new! I’m also including instructions for the Greek yogurt version if you want to try that as well.
You Only Need Three Ingredients
- cream cheese – I used Miyokos creamery cashew cream cheese, but dairy-based cream cheese works too!
- plain yogurt – I used Kite Hill’s plain almond milk yogurt, but there are a ton of vegan yogurts on the market now. And you can use traditional cow’s milk yogurt if desired.
- everything bagel seasoning – you can buy this seasoning or make your own by mixing dried minced onion, poppyseeds, dried minced garlic, white or black sesame seeds and flaked sea salt.
Greek Yogurt Version
When testing this recipe I also came up with a version that you only need two ingredients for: Greek yogurt and everything bagel seasoning. This version of the recipe is very similar to the TJ’s version with a bit of tang from the plain Greek yogurt and a thinner consistency. To make it, just combine 1 1/2 cups of plain Greek yogurt with 3 Tablespoons everything bagel seasoning.
Can This Be Vegan?
Yes! Thankfully there are a ton of great dairy-free cream cheeses and yogurts these days. I used Miyokos Creamery for the cream cheese and Kite Hill for the yogurt, but there are lots of plant-based options on the market now! You’ll find these products in the refrigerated section near meat alternatives or sometimes traditional cream cheeses and yogurts. The flavor is slightly different than the traditional product but still delicious, promise!
How to Eat Bagel Dip
- Veggies – this dip is the perfect accompaniment to fresh veggies! I like adding this to a charcuterie board or veggie platter for a fun dip option.
- Bagels – yes, you can dip chopped bagels into this dip or even use it as a bagel spread!
- Pretzel chips – how good do pretzel chips sound? I bet you could even track down everything bagel pretzel chips for lots of everything bagel flavor.
- Crackers – try my almond flour crackers or buy crackers to pair with this dip. I love Simple Mills crackers!
- Pita chips – my baked pita chips would be amazing with this dip. Or you could try the viral pasta chips.
How to Store Leftovers
This is one of those dips that seems to get better with time! Make this dip a few days ahead of time or store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More Tasty Dip Recipes to Try
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Black Bean Dip
- 4-Ingredient Smoked Salmon Dip
- Healthy 7-Layer Dip
- Cowboy Caviar
- Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Almond Pesto Dip
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Southwest Sweet Potato Black Bean Dip
- Creamy Vegan Queso
- Whipped Feta Dip
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Everything Bagel Dip
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened , (dairy-based works too)
- ½ cup vegan plain yogurt , (dairy-based works too)
- 5 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, divided, (or use the recipe below)
- veggies, chips and/or crackers, for serving
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons white or black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt, (I like Maldon salt)
- Place the cream cheese and yogurt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons of the spices or premixed bagel seasoning. Top with the remaining tablespoon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Leftover dip will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Sour cream – Feel free to use vegan sour cream instead of yogurt if that’s what you have on hand.
- Greek yogurt version – Want to make this dip with just Greek yogurt? Combine 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt with 3 Tablespoons everything bagel seasoning.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.