Everyone knows that I’m a huge nut butter fan, but what you might not know is that one of my favorite varieties is Peanut Butter and Co’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. It makes sense considering Cinnamon Toast Crunch and cinnamon Life were my favorite cereals growing up, cinnamon raisin bread has always been my number one bread choice, oatmeal raisin cookies are my fav and I eat raisins plain, by the handful, like it’s my j-o-b. Basically I love cinnamon and raisins.
What I don’t love so much is the added cane juice and palm oil in PB and Co’s variety. Being inspired by all of Ashley’s nut butter creations I decided to take it upon myself to make a healthier version with four simple ingredients – almonds, raisins, cinnamon and vanilla.
The raisins get chopped up a bit and add a nice sweetness to the almond butter and of course, that sweetness pairs well with the cinnamon and vanilla! I’m warning you now that this combo is amazing and you’ll be trying to stop yourself from eating it by the spoonful, not that that happened to me or anything. 😉
Homemade almond butter with cinnamon, vanilla and raisins. It’s just as delicious as it sounds!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°, spread almonds on a 9X13 baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes or so.
- Place roasted almonds in a food processor and process for 10 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides.
- Add remaining ingredients and began processing again.
- Process until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides. About 3-5 more minutes.