Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
Published Jan 11, 2022, Updated Jan 13, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
A tried and true favorite, this cinnamon raisin oatmeal is absolutely delicious and comes together in less than 10 minutes. It’s loaded with tons of cinnamon goodness and tastes just like an oatmeal raisin cookie. Vegan + gluten-free.
This cinnamon raisin oatmeal recipe is an EBF original and has stood the test of time. I used to make it ALL THE TIME as it was my go-to breakfast for quite a few years and it’s still just as delicious as I remember!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Oats provide a good amount of vitamins, minerals, fiber and even antioxidants. They are basically a “super grain.”
- It tastes like you’re eating an oatmeal raisin cookie, but in the form of a warm, comforting bowl of oats.
- It’s totally customizable – feel free to switch up the toppings and mix-ins.
- This recipe comes together in under 15 minutes!
- old fashioned oats – old fashioned rolled oats are best for this recipe. Make sure you grab gluten-free oats if needed. I use Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats. If you have steel cut oats, try my recipe for steel cut oatmeal.
- banana – you’ll cook some banana slices right with the oats. The end result is a slightly sweet, creamy bowl of oats. I like to top with additional banana slices as well.
- raisins – look for unsweetened raisins! You’ll cook the raisins in the oatmeal as well so that delicious flavor gets mixed in throughout the oats. You can also top your oats with additional raisins!
- ground flaxseed – these little seeds add a bit of fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Feel free to use chia seeds if you don’t have flaxseed on hand.
- cinnamon – the perfect spice pairing for this oatmeal! I love the combination of raisins and cinnamon.
- sea salt – brings all of the flavors together.
- water or non-dairy milk – I typically cook my oats in water but if you want an extra creamy bowl, you can use dairy-free milk. My preference is unsweetened almond milk.
- coconut butter or any nut/seed butter – optional topping but I love adding a coconut butter or nut butter drizzle to my oats!
- maple syrup – pure maple syrup is the perfect natural sweetener to use because it’s liquid so it blends in nicely with the oat mixture and I personally love the flavor.
Customize Your Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
Toppings – This oatmeal has a delicious base recipe that you can build your own flavors on – but the toppings change depending on what I have on hand. This time around I used maple syrup, banana slices, raisins, coconut butter and a dash of cinnamon, but feel free to get creative with the toppings! If you really want to stick with the cinnamon raisin theme, my cinnamon raisin almond butter would be a delicious addition instead of the coconut butter.
Overnight Oats – You could use these ingredients to make a delicious overnight oats recipe if that’s more your style.
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
Making this cinnamon raisin oatmeal is a breeze. Start by combining the oats, banana slices, raisin, flaxseed, cinnamon, sea salt and water to a pot and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir the oats several times during cooking to make sure the banana slices melt into the oats. The oatmeal is cooked when the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick and fluffy! Spoon the oats into a bowl and top with coconut butter, maple syrup, banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
This recipe is for a single serving but you can double, triple or more if you’re cooking for a crowd!
pro tip! Don't forget to stir your oatmeal a few times while cooking so the bananas don't burn or stick to the bottom!
More Oatmeal Recipes You’ll Love
- How to Make Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Chia Oatmeal
- Protein Oatmeal
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Salted Date Oatmeal
- Baked Oatmeal Cups 4-Ways
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Cauliflower Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oatmeal
- Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
Be sure to check out all of the oatmeal recipes here on EBF!
Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ banana, sliced (save a few for topping)
- 1 Tablespoon raisins, plus more for topping
- ½ Tablespoon ground flaxseed, optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for topping
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of water, non-diary milk or a blend of both
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter, or any nut/seed butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- Add oats, banana slices, raisins, flaxseed, cinnamon and sea salt to a pot.
- Add water or non-dairy milk and stir to combine.
- Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Be sure to stir the oats several times while cooking to make sure the banana slices melt into the oats. You’ll know the oatmeal is done when all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick.
- Portion oats into a bowl and serve with coconut butter, maple syrup, banana slices, additional raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This is so satisfying and delicious! Perfectly comforting on a cold morning.
Yum! I couldn’t agree more, TK! Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your review & star rating, I so appreciate it.
See More Comments