A copycat recipe for Pesto Bitchin’ Sauce. This creamy almond pesto dip (or sauce) is made with just seven delicious ingredients. Trust me, you’ll want to dip everything in it! Vegan, gluten-free, low-carb and high in protein.
First things first, have you ever seen or tried Bitchin’ Sauce?!? If you have no clue what I’m referring to, Bitchin’ Sauce is a brand out of California that makes an array of vegan, almond-based dips/sauces. The first time I tried it was when we had a friend coming into town who is vegan. I sent Isaac to the store to pick up some snacks for our guest. He came home with a variety of vegan goodies, including two tubs of Bitchin’ Sauce: the heat (which is spicy) and the pesto. We devoured the dips over the course of the evening and I instantly became obsessed with creating a homemade version.
After a few test batches, I finally came up with a copycat recipe for the pesto Bitchin’ Sauce that I’m pretty darn pumped about. I’ve already made it a handful of times and I know it’s not really basil season at the moment, but I couldn’t wait to share the recipe. It’s that good.
I’m mostly excited for my version of this sauce because I was able to make it with just 7 simple ingredients . . . and without any added oil (a total win!).
Here’s what you’ll need to make this amazing pesto dip/sauce:
- lemon juice
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh basil
- nutritional yeast
- Bragg’s liquid aminos
This recipe is perfect for incorporating into your weekly meal prep because there’s so much you can do with it. The options are endless! Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy it:
- As a dip for veggies. <– This is how we use it most!
- As a dip or spread with crackers – I’ve been loving it with Simple Mills crackers lately. Almonds on almonds! 🙂
- As an upgraded pesto sauce for pasta… it’s so creamy.
- As a spread on toast . . . avocado + pesto toast anyone?!
I had this conversation around Thanksgiving with Isaac – I feel like people expect you to bring a traditional holiday dish to parties, but lately, I’ve been inspired to bring a new creation. Because of the pretty green color and ridiculously delicious taste, this dip would make the perfect addition to a holiday spread. This year, I’m being bold and plan to bring a veggie + cracker tray with this almond pesto dip to at least one holiday party. Fingers crossed people love me for bringing a healthy instead of traditional dish?!
If you make this almond pesto dip, be sure to let me know how it turns out by leaving a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is so helpful for me and other EBF readers!Print
This creamy almond pesto dip (or sauce) is made with just seven delicious ingredients. Trust me, you’ll want to dip everything in it! Vegan, gluten-free, low-carb and high in protein.
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor and process/blend until smooth.
- Note that almonds are a hard nut so it takes a around 1-2 minutes of blending for the mixture to thin out and become the consistency of a dip/sauce.
- For a thinner sauce, just add more water, 1 Tablespoon at a time until the consistency is how you like it.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: copycat bitchin' sauce, almond pesto sauce, cream almond pesto dip