Healthy S’mores Dip
Published Aug 11, 2021, Updated Oct 03, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Bring your favorite campfire dessert inside with this easy and healthy s’mores dip, made with chickpeas and oven-toasted marshmallows.
If you’re a s’mores fan (and who isn’t) you’re going to L-O-V-E this quick and easy s’mores dip because it tastes just like the treat you adore… only there’s no campfire necessary and this dip is actually kinda healthy. I say kinda because there are marshmallows involved, but this dip is much healthier than most s’mores dips out there.
The base is a brownie batter hummus dip that’s made with chickpeas, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla and sea salt. 7-ingredients! That’s it and it’s sooo good.
Here’s What You Need
- chickpeas – garbanzo beans are the base of this dip! It sounds strange but I promise you won’t be able to taste the beans!
- coconut sugar – I love using coconut sugar because it’s a natural sugar with a bit more nutrition, but regular cane sugar works as well.
- maple syrup – make sure you grab pure maple syrup, not the artificial stuff.
- cocoa powder – this is where the chocolate flavor comes in!
- almond milk – I like using unsweetened almond milk but any dairy-free milk will work.
- vanilla extract – the perfect flavor enhancer.
- sea salt – brings all of the flavors together!
- mini marshmallows – make sure you buy vegan and gluten-free marshmallows if needed.
- graham crackers and strawberries – these are just for serving.
2 Delicious Layers
The base layer of this dip is a delicious chocolate brownie batter hummus. It’s delicious on it’s own, straight from the food processor but I like pairing the base layer with toasted marshmallows to take this dip to a whole new level!
The brownie batter hummus is vegan and gluten-free. To make the entire dip fit your dietary needs you can grab vegan and gluten-free marshmallows and graham crackers.
How to Serve S’mores Dip
I like eating this dip with graham crackers or strawberries but feel free to get creative and serve it with a variety of options! Here are some ideas:
- crackers – call me crazy but I think sea salt crackers would be a delicious salty pairing for this sweet dip! I like Simple Mills crackers or you can make your own!
- berries – any berry would be delicious dipped in this dip. Obviously strawberries seem to be the easiest thanks to their size but feel free to try different berries!
- apples – apple slices are the perfect vehicle to transport this dip into your mouth!
- cherries – fresh cherries dipped in chocolate? You can’t go wrong!
- pretzels – another salty option to satisfy your salty-sweet cravings!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
While this dip doesn’t last super long, you can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days. To reheat, place the baking dish in an oven preheated to 350ºF for about 5 minutes. The purpose is simply to melt the marshmallows a bit so they become gooey again because they will harden in the fridge.
More Dips to Try:
- Healthy 7-Layer Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Easy Black Bean Dip
- Almond Pesto Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Southwest Sweet Potato Black Bean Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Whipped Cottage Cheese
The Most Popular Desserts:
- Coconut Flour Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Healthier Peanut Butter Cups
- The BEST Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Healthy Smash Cake
Healthy S’mores Dip
- 1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, vegan and gluten-free, if needed
- graham crackers and strawberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all ingredients except marshmallows into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add hummus mixture to a small baking dish, cover dip completely with mini marshmallows and bake for 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows have puffed up and turned golden brown.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers and strawberries.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.