Adapted from Toasted Coconut Fruit Salad with Quinoa and Pineapple-Lime Dressing. I used pineapple chunks blended well for the dressing but if you prefer your dressing to have less pulp you can use pineapple juice instead.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, dried coconut flakes
- 3 ripe kiwis, peeled, quartered and each quarter cut into thirds
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks (or 1/3 cup fresh pineapple juice)
- 1.5 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 avocado
- Place water and quinoa into saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. Take the lid off and allow the quinoa to cool completely. Once it’s cool to touch, you can put the quinoa in a bowl and place it in the fridge to cool down even further.
- Preheat a sauté pan to medium heat. Add coconut flakes and stir constantly until they turn a golden color (this will take about 1-3 minutes). Remove the coconut flakes from the pan and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa, kiwi pieces, strawberries and pineapple chunks.
- Blend 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, lime juice and avocado in a high powder blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and fruit. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut right before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 8g