Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls
Published Oct 31, 2014, Updated Sep 14, 2021
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Healthy pumpkin pie energy balls made with just 5 ingredients: dates, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin pie spice and salt. They’re delicious and perfect for on-the-go snacking!
Just in case you’re on the hunt for a sweet treat today… I’ve got some pumpkin pie energy balls that are amazing!
I’m not going to pretend that these are candy.
They’re basically a pumpkin pie Larabar, but in ball form!
But they’re sweet (without any refined sugar) and they’re pumpkin pie flavored! Plus, they only take about 5 minutes to make and require only 5 ingredients, which you probably already have sitting in your pantry.
Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls
- almonds – raw or roasted, but look for almonds without salt added.
- walnuts – look for raw walnuts. You can get walnut pieces instead of whole walnuts. The pieces are less expensive and it doesn’t matter for this recipe since everything is being processed.
- Medjool dates – You can buy medjool dates that are already pitted or pit them yourself (it’s super easy). Two brands that I like are Natural Delights and Joolies. You can find Natural Delights in the produce section of most grocery stores (near the bananas) and Joolies are offered on Amazon and Thrive Market.
- pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt
So if you’re craving something sugary, I highly recommend making these as a Halloween treat. They’re a great pre or post workout snack option and awesome for traveling. I’m definitely going to make another batch the next time we take a trip.
Want More Pumpkin Goodness?
Love Energy Balls? Try These:
- Protein Balls
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Lemon Energy Balls
- Apple Pie Energy Balls
- Gingerbread Energy Balls
- German Chocolate Energy Balls
- Blueberry Muffin Energy Balls
If you make these pumpkin pie energy balls be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting me know how they turn out. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other EBF readers!
Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls
- Process: Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture is finely chopped and sticky.
- Form into Balls: Scoop dough from the food processor using a small/medium cookie scoop or your hands and roll into balls using your hands. Enjoy right away or store for later.
- Store: Place balls into a sealed storage container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or the freezer for 3 months.
- Hard/dry dates: If your dates are hard and dry, you can soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften. Just drain them well before using.
- Crumbly dough: If your dough seems too crumbly to stick together after processing even when squeezing it together with your hands, you can try adding a couple more dates or adding 1 teaspoon of water at a time until the mixture starts to hold together well enough to form into balls. See note above.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.