Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
Published Jun 19, 2023, Updated Aug 28, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This strawberry cheesecake smoothie is thick, creamy and requires only 5 simple ingredients. It tastes like dessert but is loaded with healthy ingredients and over 20 grams of protein!
Whoever said you can’t have dessert for breakfast clearly never tried a protein-packed smoothie that tastes like dessert. Cue this strawberry cheesecake smoothie.
It has all the creamy, decadent flavors of a slice of strawberry cheesecake, but in smoothie form that’s packed with over 20 grams of protein. It’s perfect for a quick and easy breakfast option or makes for an awesome mid-afternoon snack or post-workout treat. No matter the time of day, your taste buds will thank you for making this smoothie!
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- Tastes like dessert: Enjoy the creamy and sweet flavors of a classic strawberry cheesecake in a healthier, sip-able form.
- Nutrient-rich: Despite its dessert-like taste, this smoothie packs a healthy punch with protein, fiber and essential vitamins.
- Quick and easy: You only need 5 simple ingredients and a few minutes to whip up this indulgent yet nourishing smoothie, which is perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or post-workout treat.
- Customizable: Feel free to play around with different ingredients or toppings based on your dietary needs and flavor preferences.
Dessert For Breakfast
The magic of this smoothie is that it tastes just like strawberry cheesecake – it’s rich, creamy, and has just the right amount of sweetness. However, unlike a typical slice of cheesecake that’s loaded with sugar and fat, this smoothie is packed with protein and healthy, nutritious ingredients making it an excellent choice for breakfast.
With ingredients like protein powder (or Greek yogurt), fiber-packed strawberries and medjool dates and heart-healthy almond milk, you’re getting a wealth of nutrients first thing in the morning. Not to mention, the cream cheese offers a nice dose of calcium and added protein.
So yes, you can absolutely have your ‘cheesecake’ and eat it too! This smoothie allows you to indulge your sweet tooth in a way that’s both satisfying and healthy. Whether you’re rushing off to work, fueling up for a workout, or looking for an easy, yet fulfilling breakfast, this strawberry cheesecake smoothie is a great way to start your day!
- almond milk – the liquid base of the smoothie. I like using unsweetened almond milk so I can control the amount of sugar in my smoothie.
- frozen strawberries – the star of this recipe! Frozen strawberries help to thicken and chill this smoothie.
- vanilla protein powder – adds a big protein boost and gives this smoothie its dessert-like taste. I personally love Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based, has minimal ingredients and tastes delicious. (Use code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order). That said, feel free to use your favorite brand of protein powder.
- cream cheese – what gives this smoothie its distinctive, rich cheesecake flavor.
- medjool date – for a hint of natural sweetness I added a medjool date which paired perfectly with the rest of the ingredients.
- toppings – these are completely optional, but I added crushed graham crackers, fresh strawberries and coconut whipped cream.
How to Make
Add all the ingredients, except for any toppings into a high-speed blender like a Vitamix and blend until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into a glass and top with strawberries, graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream (regular or coconut), if desired. Enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
- Milk: Substitute the almond milk with your favorite type of milk – cow’s milk, soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, etc.
- Vegan: If you need this smoothie to be vegan use a dairy-free cream cheese.
- Sweetener: Feel free to skip the medjool date or use your preferred sweetener. Honey, maple syrup, monk fruit or stevia are all great alternatives.
- Frozen fruit: If you only have fresh strawberries on hand, you can use that. You’ll just want to add a handful of ice cubes to the smoothie to make it cold. Also, if you don’t have strawberries on hand at all, you can swap them with other frozen fruit like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, peaches, banana or mango.
- Protein: If you’re not a protein powder fan, you can swap it for vanilla or plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. You can also try my cottage cheese smoothie which tastes like a raspberry cheesecake smoothie. If you’re using plain yogurt or cottage cheese I recommend adding the dash of vanilla extract for more of a dessert-like flavor.
- Amp up the nutrition: Add more nutrition to this smoothie by adding a handful of chia seeds, flax seeds or nuts. You can also add a scoop of nut butter like cashew or almond butter for some additional protein and healthy fats.
- Add veggies: If you want to add some veggies to the mix I’d suggest adding frozen cauliflower or zucchini. Both will add nutritional benefits without altering the taste too much. Of course, feel free to add a handful of greens like spinach, you’ll just have a green strawberry cheesecake smoothie!
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Green Protein Smoothie
- Avocado Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Kiwi Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Protein Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Butterfinger Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Tahini Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- ¾ cup almond milk, plus more as needed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, or ½ cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 medjool date, or 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- Splash of vanilla extract, optional
- Toppings: crushed graham cracker, fresh strawberries and coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and top with strawberries, crushed graham crackers and whipped cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.