Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Ice Cream made with only six ingredients and doesn’t require an ice cream maker! It’s also diary-free, gluten-free, vegan and paleo-friendly. This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze.
Move over banana ice cream, there’s a new fruit-based ice cream in town. I’m calling it cado cream, but it’s essentially ice cream made with avocados and it’s the bomb. If you know me, you’ll know that “the bomb” isn’t really in my everyday vocabulary, but there’s really no better way to describe this delicious, creamy treat.
SEE HOW QUICK AND EASY THIS AVOCADO ICE CREAM IS TO MAKE:
Trust me. Or trust Tom Brady because apparently avocado ice cream is one of his favorite desserts. 🙂
I love banana ice cream and make it frequently during the summer months (my favs: healthy chocolate banana ice cream and oatmeal raisin cookie dough ice cream), but I know there are people out there who don’t like bananas.
Plus some ice cream flavors don’t really mesh with banana. Something about having a banana in my mint chocolate chip ice cream just doesn’t seem right to me.That’s where avocados come in!
Avocados are the perfect base for non-diary ice cream because they’re super duper creamy and the flavor is pretty neutral once sweetened. And their green color made turning this cado cream into mint chocolate chip avocado ice cream a total no brainer.
Eating it out of a waffle cone was another no brainer. Ice cream is always better from a cone.
Ingredient wise, this recipe is so simple. You need six ingredients = two avocados, Almond Breeze almondmilk, liquid sweetener of choice, coconut oil, peppermint extract and chocolate chips.
Blend everything up until smooth and creamy, add you chocolate chips, freeze and enjoy! No fancy ice cream maker required.
If you’re looking for a delicious, dairy-free ice cream treat to enjoy this summer you MUST make this avocado ice cream. It’s seriously so good and incredibly satisfying. I’ve already made the recipe three times because Isaac and I both absolutely love it. If you’re a mint chocolate chip fan I know you will LOVE it too.
If you decide to make it be sure to snap a picture and share it on social media. Tag me @eatingbirdfood so that see it!! 🙂
Creamy mint chocolate chip ice cream made with avocados, almond milk and coconut oil. It’s diary-free, gluten-free, vegan and paleo-friendly.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey or other liquid sweetener*
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a freezer-safe container. I used a loaf pan lined with parchment.
- Place container in the freezer to set. It should take about 4-5 hours. Once frozen, pull ice cream from the freezer, let sit out on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Use an ice cream scoop to serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to use your sweetener of choice here. Play around with using stevia instead of maple syrup/honey if you want to reduce the sugar content.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: avocado ice cream, mint chip avocado ice cream
If you try this avocado ice cream be sure to leave a comment and star rating letting me know how it turns out for you. This feedback is not only helpful for me but it helps other EBF readers as well!