Citrus Tahini Dressing
Published Sep 03, 2021, Updated Aug 24, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This citrus tahini dressing is made with creamy tahini, fresh orange juice, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and dijon mustard. It’s oil-free, dairy-free and comes together in just 5 minutes!
Another day, another tahini recipe. Think I can convince all of you to have tahini stocked in your pantry at all times? That’s the goal!
What is Tahini?
Tahini is ground sesame seeds… yep, that’s it! The consistency is similar to other nut and seed butter and it has a mild, nutty flavor that is delicious in a variety of recipes. It’s packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals and is one of my favorite ingredients! You’ll find tahini near the other nut and seed butter in the grocery store.
Here’s What You Need
- tahini – has a mild, nutty flavor and it’s what makes this dressing so creamy and delicious. You can also make homemade tahini!
- orange juice and zest – use freshly squeezed orange juice for the best flavor!
- apple cider vinegar – one of my favorite ingredients to use for making homemade dressings. This adds the perfect amount of tanginess and a ton of health benefits.
- maple syrup – for a touch of sweetness to balance out the tang from the vinegar.
- minced garlic – you can use pre-minced garlic to save time, but fresh garlic definitely has the best flavor.
- dijon mustard – make sure you use dijon mustard, which has a more robust flavor compared to yellow mustard. It’s also less vinegar-y which balances out the other flavors nicely!
- sea salt – to bring all of the flavors together.
How to Serve Citrus Tahini Dressing
I am obsessed with all things tahini so I love this dressing with so many different salads! Here are some ideas:
- Blackened tempeh salad – the salad I designed this dressing for!
- Caribbean jerk shrimp bowls – the citrus flavor would pair so well with these bowls.
- Make a simple side salad to pair with this blackened salmon and top it with citrus tahini dressing!
- Strawberry salad – this salad is delicious with just about any dressing!
- Kale pomegranate salad with goat cheese – brighten up this salad by topping with this citrus dressing instead!
How to Store Homemade Dressing
I recommend storing your homemade dressing in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator. I use these 8 oz mason jars and plastic lids for storing so I can easily shake to re-mix the ingredients before serving.
More Dressing Recipes to Try
Citrus Tahini Dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Or add all ingredients into a mason jar and shake to combine. Add a little water to thin the dressing if needed.
- Store the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.