Mocha Cherry Smoothie
Published Sep 02, 2019, Updated Jun 07, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This mocha cherry smoothie packs frozen cherries, cold brew, and chocolate protein powder into one delicious smoothie. You’ll love the robust flavor and the energy boost from the coffee.
Summer isn’t over yet… which means it’s still smoothie season in my mind! And this morning I have the perfect cherry smoothie to share. It’s got a little bit of coffee to help you get you energized, along with a little chocolate protein powder. Last but not least, it also has a little fruit and protein powder so you can feel good about drinking something chocolatey for breakfast!
You can use fresh or frozen cherries for this smoothie. I love getting fresh cherries in the summer, but if you don’t feel like pitting 1/3 cup for this smoothie, I totally understand. Frozen cherries work perfectly fine for this smoothie and honestly help to keep your smoothie super cold and thick… the more frozen ingredients, the better in my opinion. Especially on these steamy hot days!
If you’ve never added coffee to a smoothie before, it’s time to start. I started doing this a couple of years ago when I needed a kick of caffeine but also wanted to get some good nutrients in to start my day! Coffee alone can cause a blood sugar spike, so pairing it with fruit, almond milk and protein powder really balance out the drink.
Ingredients in This Cherry Mocha Smoothie:
- banana – use frozen to make sure your smoothie is icy cold
- cherries – fresh or frozen both work great!
- coffee – I like using cold brew coffee because it’s less acidic and has a smooth flavor
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- almond butter – this adds a nice richness to the smoothie and some healthy fats
- chocolate protein powder – this is what gives the smoothie the mocha flavor!
- liquid stevia – optional but a great option if you want to add extra sweetness without any added sugar
As with most smoothie recipes, all you have to do is throw all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend away! Enjoy immediately.
More Smoothie Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Orange Banana Smoothie
- Coconut Chocolate Mint Chip Smoothie
- Golden Milk Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Snickers Protein Smoothie
- Grapefruit Detox Smoothie
- Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie
Be sure to check out all the smoothie recipes here on EBF.
Mocha Cherry Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/4 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1-2 drops of liquid stevia for added sweetness, optional
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add stevia for extra sweetness, if needed. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
O-m-g! Three of my favorite things- cherries, cold brew, and chocolate!!! Thank you for this AMAZING combo! How can this smoothie not be on repeat?!
Woo!! So glad you loved this smoothie, Cheryl! Thanks for making it and for the review. I so appreciate it!
Whoa! Am I happy I finally remembered to buy frozen cherries so I can make this whenever the mood strikes! This is a gourmet flavor combination, Brittany! Thank you so much! Loving this today!!!
Woo!! So glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Jennifer! Thanks for the review and star rating. I so appreciate it!!
Love trying new recipes and this one is delicious! Great flavor combination!
So glad you enjoyed this mocha cherry smoothie, Mackenzie! Thanks for trying it out and coming back to leave a review. It means the world to me!
Just a prefect combination! I used some expression powder as I didn’t have cold brew and it tasted great.
Whoops! Meant perfect and expresso 😂
Woo!! So glad this mocha cherry smoothie was a hit, Lindsey! Love the idea of using espresso powder if you don’t have cold brew on hand. Thanks so much for the review. I really appreciate it!
See More Comments