Easy Tortilla Pizzas
Published Oct 04, 2021, Updated Jan 23, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Satisfy your pizza craving in under 15 minutes with these personal size tortilla pizzas. They’re perfect for a quick and easy meal or snack and can be completely customized!
I have such a fun recipe for you today! These simple tortilla pizzas are kid-friendly and mom-approved! I’ve already shared these vegan tortilla pizzas but I wanted to share a more traditional recipe today.
I kept it super simple by topping these pizzas with just cheese but feel free to get creative with your toppings! You’ll find some ideas below but add what you like.
These pizzas make a great, easy meal but they would also be a fun appetizer for game day or an after-school snack. Your kids will love being served pizza for a snack!
Here’s What You Need
- flour tortillas – I like using 8-10 inch tortillas but you can use smaller ones if you’d like! Just note that the cook time will vary depending on the size of tortilla you use.
- pizza sauce – keep it traditional with a marinara sauce or switch it up with a pesto or cream sauce. If you use store-bought pizza sauce, grab one without any added sugar. Some of my favorites are Rao’s tomato basil sauce and Primal Kitchen’s tomato basil marinara sauce.
- shredded mozzarella cheese – gotta have cheese to make this pizza complete! I used shredded mozzarella cheese for that classic pizza taste but feel free to switch it up if you’d like.
- optional toppings – parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh basil.
As you know, the topping ideas are endless when it comes to pizza! Here are some ideas:
- Extra cheese – add different types of cheese to your pizza like parmesan, fresh mozzarella, provolone, goat cheese, etc.
- Spices and herbs – crushed red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, fresh basil, etc.
- Vegetables – mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, spinach, artichokes, roasted garlic… any vegetable is fair game in my book!
- Protein – add protein to your pizza with turkey sausage, pepperoni, meatless crumbles, etc.
tip! If adding extra toppings, be mindful not to pack on too many ingredients, otherwise it could result in your tortilla turning out soggy.
Dinner in Under 15 Minutes
Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this! Spread your sauce of choice on top of each tortilla and top with shredded cheese.
I recommend baking your tortilla pizza for the best results. There are a few ways you can do this:
- Cast-iron skillet – The perfect way to create a crispy crust without using a pizza stone.
- Pizza stone – If you have a pizza stone, use it!
- Oven rack – ditch the pan and place your tortilla pizza right on the oven rack. I recommend putting a cookie sheet below the pizza to catch any melted cheese drips.
Watch your pizzas closely as they bake to make sure the tortillas don’t burn. You’ll know the pizzas are ready when the edges are browned and the cheese is bubbling. Top with red pepper flakes, parmesan and basil and enjoy!
All of the cooking methods above (cast iron skillet, pizza stone or oven rack) will all result in a crispy pizza! If you’re worried about a soggy pizza, don’t add too many ingredients that release water during cooking such as spinach, mushrooms or fresh mozzarella.
Yes! These tortilla pizzas are lower in calories and carbohydrates than traditional pizza. Make them even healthier with added veggies and protein as toppings.
Technically, yes you can! The end result won’t be a crispy pizza though. If you’re okay with that, you can microwave your tortilla pizza in 30-second increments until the cheese is melted and the pizza is heated throughout.
Yes! Use the same temperature you would if using a regular oven (425°F), place your tortilla pizza on the rack of your toaster oven and cook for 5-7 minutes until the edges are browned and the cheese is bubbling.
Totally! I tested this recipe with dairy-free mozzarella and it turned out great!
Yes! I also tested this recipe with grain-free tortillas and it worked well. I used Siete Foods almond flour tortillas. I will note that these tortillas are thinner and more delicate than regular flour tortillas, so I wouldn’t recommend putting on too many additional toppings or cooking them directly on your oven rack.
More Pizza Recipes to Try
- Portobello Pizzas
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust
- Eggplant Pizza
- Naan Pizza
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Pizza Trail Mix
- Cloud Bread Pizza
- Protein Pizza
- 4 flour tortillas (8-10 inch ideally)
- 1 cup pizza sauce, or your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (if using the oven method).
- Spread ¼ cup of sauce on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle ⅓ cup shredded cheese on each tortilla.
- Bake tortilla pizzas in a cast-iron skillet, on a pizza stone or directly on the oven rack (with a cookie sheet below to catch any melted cheese drips) for 7-9 minutes or until edges are browned and cheese is bubbling. Cook time will vary based on your oven and size of tortillas. Watch carefully near the end so that the tortillas don't burn.
- Sprinkle on red pepper flakes, parmesan and basil if using before serving.
- Tortillas: Feel free to use gluten-free/grain-free tortillas if needed.
- Cheese: You can use dairy-free shredded cheese if you need this recipe to be vegan.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I have been making Tortilla Pizzas for years. And we love them!!! Great way to cut down on calories and carbs.
Aren’t they great?! So quick and easy as well. Thanks for the review, Carol!
I’ve been making tortilla pizza’s on the grill. Lightly oil one side & grill medium heat about a minute or 2. Oil the uncooked side. Flip & add toppings. Grill on low until cheese melts. I use a wooden pizza peel to finish with toppings before putting them back on the grill. Yummy and easy!
Getting so excited to try this recipe out with our whole wheat tortilla shells that are carb friendly 🤞
Will let you know how they turn out🙏
OMG!!! I love these with the whole wheat tortilla shells .. we have carb sense shells with no fat and less calories.. oh wow !! Been slowly losing my COVID shutdown anxiety ( none of it was overeating) and it’s getting better now I’ve got this recipe ❤️❤️😂
Yay!! Pumped to hear these tortilla pizzas have been a hit, Lydia! Thanks for the review and star rating. I really appreciate it!
I make these all the time for my kiddo with food allergies as it’s difficult to find frozen pizzas that are safe for her. It makes for such a quick and easy dinner, and she loves building her own pizza.
So good. Great way to eat pizza low carb. Love it !!!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed this recipe, Shannon!! Thanks for making it and for the review. I so appreciate it!
This was so great! I originally posted for the grandkids and thought I would have this for lunch!
It was so good and no guilt!
Yay! So glad this recipe was a hit. Thanks for making it and for coming back to leave a review. I so appreciate it!
When making for one person: A jar of pizza sauce goes a long way. freeze the extra in ice cube tray. One pizza for me, and one cube of sauce.
Great tip! Thank you so much for sharing, Elaine!