Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Published Oct 02, 2020, Updated Sep 11, 2021
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This creamy healthy pumpkin pie smoothie requires only six ingredients (no banana!) and tastes like liquid pumpkin pie. It’s vegan, gluten-free and surprisingly healthy!
I love all things pumpkin and could eat pumpkin flavored food all year long. That said, I do hate the way we rush seasons and holidays so I waited a while before posting any pumpkin recipes here on EBF this year.
This smoothie is the perfect recipe for days where you’re craving fall flavors, but the weather is still warm enough to enjoy drinking a cold smoothie.
For this pumpkin pie smoothie, I used dates to sweeten it, canned coconut milk to make it extra creamy and a few hemp seeds to add a little protein. The end result is a luscious pumpkin pie smoothie that tastes like creamy, liquid pumpkin pie filling. It’s absolutely delicious, vegan and gluten-free. I hope you all like it as much as I do. Happy fall!
Pumpkin Smoothie Ingredients + Substitutions
- coconut milk – I love how rich and creamy this smoothie is with canned coconut milk, but if you don’t have canned coconut milk, feel free to use your favorite milk instead.
- pumpkin puree – either canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree works. You could also use canned butternut squash!
- pumpkin pie spice – use store-bought pumpkin pie spice or make your own.
- Medjool dates – You can buy medjool dates that are already pitted or pit them yourself (it’s super easy). Two brands that I like are Natural Delights and Joolies. You can find Natural Delights in the produce section of most grocery stores (near the bananas) and Joolies are offered on Amazon and Thrive Market.
- hemp seeds – I added hemp seeds for an added protein boost.
- whipped cream – I love using coconut whipped cream
Low sugar option: you can swap the medjool dates for a low calorie, sugar alternative like stevia or monk fruit.
Added protein option: add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder or some plain Greek yogurt. These additions will likely thicken up the smoothie so you may need to add more milk!
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bars
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- ½ cup canned coconut milk regular or light work
- ½ cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 medjool dates pitted
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds optional
- 3-4 cubes of ice
- Toppings: whipped cream and cinnamon optional
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender. Process until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and cinnamon, if using. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Love this!! I like to put the ingredients in the fridge so it comes out cold without extra ice.
Love a good cold smoothie! So glad you enjoyed this recipe, Jazz. Thanks for making it and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. I really appreciate it!
I am loving trying your smoothie recipes this month. This recipe made me so happy because I miss pumpkin pie flavour year-round. I was unsure before trying it, but now one of my new favourites!!
Yay!! So glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Lara. Thanks for the review, I appreciate it!
This smoothie is fantastic at any time of the year!! I’m a huge fan of pumpkin and pumpkin pie and I loved how this tasted just like pumpkin pie! Highly recommend for all the pumpkin lovers out there!!
Woo!! I’m so glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Taylor! Thanks for the review 🙂
This was really tasty. I was looking for a smoothie without banana and this one was great.
Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed this smoothie. Thanks for the review, Joy!
This smoothie was super yummy and taste just like a fall day!!!! I made some coconut whipped cream and added some pumpkin spice to top it off!!
Pumpkin pie and it’s almost July? Heck yes!Sipping on this creamy smoothie put me into a nostalgic mood for fall. Who says you have to wait until the leaves turn color for the indulgence of pumpkin pie? Not me. If you’re a little rebellious and love all things pumpkin I highly recommend this delectable and healthy pumpkin pie smoothie. For an additional protein boost, I also tried it with a couple scoops of my favorite vegan vanilla protein powder and it was delish!
Yay!! So glad you enjoyed this pumpkin pie smoothie, Patricia! Thanks for trying it and coming back to leave a review and star rating. I so appreciate it!
Found this particular recipe last night, as I’ve never tried pumpkin this way before cooked up some pumpkin before I went to bed, and voilà, a quick start this morning- made to recipe but left out ice cubes as it’s a bit chilly here this morning. Loved,loved loved! glad I cooked plenty of pumpkin, now set for a few more breakfasts! Love some other of your recipes as well.Thanks.
Yay! So glad you’re enjoying this recipe, Carolyn. Thanks for sharing your review.
See More Comments