Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Published Oct 02, 2020, Updated Sep 27, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This creamy healthy pumpkin pie smoothie requires only six ingredients (no banana!) and tastes like liquid pumpkin pie. It’s vegan, gluten-free and surprisingly healthy!
I love all things pumpkin and could eat pumpkin flavored food all year long. That said, I do hate the way we rush seasons and holidays so I waited a while before posting any pumpkin recipes here on EBF this year.
This smoothie is the perfect recipe for days where you’re craving fall flavors, but the weather is still warm enough to enjoy drinking a cold smoothie.
For this pumpkin pie smoothie, I used dates to sweeten it, canned coconut milk to make it extra creamy and a few hemp seeds to add a little protein. The end result is a luscious pumpkin pie smoothie that tastes like creamy, liquid pumpkin pie filling. It’s absolutely delicious, vegan and gluten-free. I hope you all like it as much as I do. Happy fall!
Pumpkin Smoothie Ingredients + Substitutions
- coconut milk – I love how rich and creamy this smoothie is with canned coconut milk, but if you don’t have canned coconut milk, feel free to use your favorite milk instead.
- pumpkin puree – either canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree works. You could also use canned butternut squash!
- pumpkin pie spice – use store-bought pumpkin pie spice or make your own.
- Medjool dates – You can buy medjool dates that are already pitted or pit them yourself (it’s super easy). Two brands that I like are Natural Delights and Joolies. You can find Natural Delights in the produce section of most grocery stores (near the bananas) and Joolies are offered on Amazon and Thrive Market.
- hemp seeds – I added hemp seeds for an added protein boost.
- whipped cream – I love using coconut whipped cream
Low sugar option: you can swap the medjool dates for a low calorie, sugar alternative like stevia or monk fruit.
Added protein option: add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder or some plain Greek yogurt. These additions will likely thicken up the smoothie so you may need to add more milk!
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bars
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender. Process until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and cinnamon, if using. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.