Published Jun 28, 2023, Updated Aug 28, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This bright and creamy lemon smoothie is made with lemon, Greek yogurt, frozen banana, cauliflower and turmeric for a delicious, energizing drink that’s loaded with protein, fiber and vitamin C.
This lemon smoothie is guaranteed to be your new favorite summer drink!
It’s tart from the lemon, creamy from the frozen banana, protein-packed from the Greek yogurt and loaded with added nutrients thanks to the fresh ginger and frozen cauliflower rice. This smoothie is super refreshing and a great way to energize your morning.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- It’s tart, refreshing and the perfect drink for summer!
- It’s packed with lots of vitamins, fiber and protein.
- Gluten-free, but can easily be made dairy-free + vegan.
- It sneaks in veggies with the frozen cauliflower rice.
- almond milk – adds a light nutty flavor and contributes to the smoothie’s creamy consistency. You can substitute it with any other non-dairy milk of choice like coconut milk or oat milk. You can also just use water as the liquid base for this smoothie.
- lemon juice & zest – provides that refreshing citrus flavor. Fresh lemon juice is recommended for the best taste.
- greek yogurt – adds creaminess and provides a good dose of protein. Feel free to use your favorite type of yogurt or opt for a dairy-free yogurt to make the smoothie vegan.
- frozen cauliflower rice – enhances the smoothie’s thickness without adding a strong flavor. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet.
- frozen banana – gives the smoothie a creamy texture and natural sweetness. If you’re watching your sugar intake, you can substitute the banana with more frozen cauliflower.
- turmeric & ginger – these add a warm and spicy note to the smoothie and are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. The turmeric also adds a golden color to this smoothie.
- maple syrup or honey – for an added touch of sweetness, if desired. Both maple syrup and honey are great options for a sweetener, but feel free to use agave, medjool dates or liquid stevia.
How to Make
Just like with all of my smoothie recipes, this one is super easy to whip up! Just place all your ingredients into a high-speed blender like a Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
Taste and adjust as needed, adding more liquid or a handful of ice to reach your desired consistency.
Pour your smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
Lemon Smoothie Variations
- Lemon blueberry: Swap the banana with a handful of frozen blueberries for a lemon blueberry variation.
- Add greens: Boost the nutritional value of the smoothie by adding a handful of spinach or kale. This will change the color, just a warning!
- Add protein: To make the smoothie more filling, consider adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder. The vanilla protein powder will also make the smoothie taste more dessert-like.
- Add seeds: Chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds can be added for an extra dose of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Smoothie bowl: Turn this smoothie into a smoothie bowl by using less liquid resulting in a thicker smoothie! Then you can pour it into a bowl and add your favorite toppings like granola, fresh fruit and seeds.
- No banana: If you’re not a banana fan you can swap it for more cauliflower rice or if you still want a frozen fruit opt for frozen mango, pineapple or peaches.
No! You don’t want to add the lemon peel to your smoothie, so it’s best to juice your lemon and measure the amount needed from there. If you use too much lemon juice it could make your smoothie overly tart, so it’s recommended to stick with the specified amount of lemon juice and zest in the recipe and adjust according to your taste.
Fresh lemon juice will provide the best flavor, but if you’re in a pinch, bottled lemon juice can be used. Just be sure it’s 100% pure lemon juice.
Smoothies are best enjoyed immediately after they’re made, but if you need to store them, keep them in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. You might need to give it a good stir or shake before drinking.
To make the smoothie thicker, you can add more frozen cauliflower rice, frozen banana or a handful of ice. Alternatively, you can add a spoonful of chia seeds, which will help to thicken this smoothie while adding nutritional benefits.
Popular Smoothie Recipes
- Easy Blackberry Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Banana Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Cranberry Smoothie
- Cottage Cheese Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Tahini Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Kiwi Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.