Easy Hemp Granola
Published Jan 31, 2020, Updated May 17, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This crunchy hemp granola packs a nutritional punch with a variety of nuts and seeds. It’s grain-free, vegan and sweetened only with maple syrup and dates.
I think this might be the best granola I’ve ever made!! Bold statement I know, but it’s THAT good. It has the crunchy texture and sweetness that I love but it’s completely grain-free and contains no refined sugar. Loaded with nutrient-dense nuts and seeds and lightly sweetened with maple syrup, this granola has a nutty flavor with hints of cinnamon and vanilla as well as a lovely coconut aroma.
The whole time the granola was baking our house smelled like a huge coconut macaroon… and it was amazing. If I could buy a candle that smells like this granola baking I totally would.
Is Granola Healthy?
Ready for a truth bomb? There are a lot of store bought granolas that aren’t very healthy. They’re typically packed with a lot of sugar and highly processed oils. The good news is: granola is super easy to make and homemade versions ARE healthy! Especially this one.
Ingredients in Hemp Granola
Like I mentioned, this hemp granola is super crunchy and has a subtle sweetness — just the way I like my granola.
- Nuts and seeds – add a variety of textures, flavors and nutrients.
- Maple syrup and dates – add just the right amount of sugar.
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts – pack quite the nutritional punch with 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of omega-3 + 6 fatty acids (aka healthy fats). They also contain magnesium, fiber and iron.
How to Serve Healthy Granola
I have no shame in admitting I often just eat this granola by the handful for a healthy snack. I also love it with almond milk and banana slices for hearty breakfast, but usually I use it as a topping for yogurt bowls, overnight oats, chia pudding and smoothie bowls.
It’s so delicious we’ve already gone through two batches in a couple weeks and I’m tempted to make another batch today.
Love Granola? Try These Recipes Too
- Coconut Almond Granola
- Grain Free Granola (No Sugar)
- Chocolate Granola
- Pumpkin Granola
- Granola Cookies
- Granola Butter
More Recipes with Hemp Seeds
- Hemp Tabbouleh
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese with Hemp Seeds
- Hummus Avocado Toast with Toasted Hemp Seeds
- Rice Salad with Cannellini Beans and Hemp Hearts
- Hemp and Pecorino Crusted Salmon
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, desiccated, shredded or flakes
- 1 cup hemp hearts (or hemp seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place almonds, pumpkin seeds, pecans and walnuts into a food processor and pulse a few times to chop the nuts and seeds into smaller pieces. Don’t process too much because you still want some chunky pieces.
- Transfer the nut mixture into a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients except the dates and stir well. Spread an even layer of the mixture onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet. You may need two sheets if you’re baking sheets aren’t oversized like mine.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, add dates and give the mix a good stir. Bake for 25-30 minutes more or until granola is golden brown in color. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy. It will get crunchier as it cools. I recommend storing any leftovers in a Mason/Weck jar in the fridge. It will stay extra crunchy this way.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This post is sponsored by Manitoba Harvest. As always, opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EBF possible.
This granola is delicious and so easy. I probably make it very other week. Now my little grandson loves it so may be making if more often.
WOO! I am so glad this recipe is a hit for you and your grandson, Lisa. Thank you for sharing your review & star rating, it means so much to me!
See More Comments