This crunchy grain-free granola packs a nutritional punch with a variety of nuts and seeds. Paleo, vegan and free of refined sugar.
I think this might be the best granola I’ve ever made!! Bold statement I know, but it’s THAT good. It has the crunchy texture and sweetness that I love but it’s completely grain-free and contains no refined sugar. Loaded with nutrient-dense nuts and seeds and lightly sweetened with maple syrup, this granola has a nutty flavor with hints of cinnamon and vanilla as well as a lovely coconut aroma.
The whole time the granola was baking our house smelled like a huge coconut macaroon… and it was amazing. If I could buy a candle that smells like this granola baking I totally would. Brb, I’m going to go Google “coconut macaroon candle” right now. It exists, but apparently it’s out of stock. Boo! Although, in my research I found that Anthro does have a Pumpkin Soufflé candle from the same line. How amazing does that sound? I MUST get one! I might just have to make a special trip to Anthro this afternoon.
That was distracting… let’s finish talking about this uber delicious grain-free granola. Like I mentioned, it’s super crunchy and has a subtle sweetness — just the way I like my granola. The different nuts and seeds included add a variety of textures, flavors and nutrients while the maple syrup and dates add just the right amount of sugar. The Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are definitely a highlight as they pack quite the nutritional punch with 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of omega-3 + 6 fatty acids. They also contain magnesium, fiber and iron.
If you’re new to Hemp Hearts, check out my Blueberry Hemp Crumble Bars because I share a lot of good info about them in that post.
Isaac and I have been munching on handfuls of this hippie granola as a snack.
Or serving it up like cereal with almond milk and banana slices for breakfast.
It’s so delicious we’ve already gone through two batches in a couple weeks. I’m tempted to make another batch today.Print
This crunchy grain free granola packs a nutritional punch with a variety of nuts and seeds. You’ll love the rich taste, coconut aroma and subtle sweetness. 100% free of grain, gluten and refined sugar.
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (desiccated, shredded or flakes)
- 1 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place almonds, pumpkin seeds, pecan and walnuts into a food processor and pulse a few times to chop the nuts and seeds into smaller pieces. Don’t process too much because you still want some chunky pieces.
- Transfer the nut mixture into a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients except the dates and stir well. Spread an even layer of the mixture onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet. You may need two sheets if you’re baking sheets aren’t oversized like mine.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, add dates and give the mix a good stir. Bake for 25-30 minutes more or until granola is golden brown in color. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy. It will get crunchier as it cools. I recommend storing any leftovers in a Mason/Weck jar in the fridge. It will stay extra crunchy this way.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: grain free granola
This post is sponsored by Manitoba Harvest. As always, opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EBF possible.