5-Ingredient Grain Free Granola (No Sugar)
Published Jan 16, 2020, Updated May 17, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This grain free granola is made without sugar! It’s loaded with coconut, a variety of nuts, coconut oil and cinnamon. Paleo, gluten-free, low carb and low sugar.
The simpler the better these days! This granola is made with only five ingredients and comes together in a flash. Even though it’s sugar free, it is crazy delicious!
Only 5 Ingredients
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- raw nuts: I used a blend of cashews, almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds
- chia seeds
- coconut oil or butter, melted
How to Make Grain Free Granola
It truly doesn’t get much easier than this… mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure the mixture is spread evenly on the baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and enjoy! After completely cooled you can store in an airtight container. I like to store in the refrigerator or freezer so it stays extra crunchy.
No Added Sugar
This recipe is inspired by Sarah Wilson’s sugar-free granola recipe from I Quit Sugar. She suggests using rice malt syrup, but I made mine without the syrup and it turned out to be delicious. I can totally see why it’s such a popular recipe. It does a great job of satisfying my craving for sweet and crunchy granola but without the grains and added sugar. It’s so packed with healthy fats from the coconut, nuts and chia seeds so it’s really quite filling. I love it on greek yogurt!
Love Granola? Try These:
- Coconut Almond Granola
- Hemp Granola
- Chocolate Granola
- Granola Butter
- Pumpkin Granola
- Buckwheat Granola
- Granola Cookies
Grain Free Granola
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups raw nuts, roughly chopped (I used 1 cup raw cashews, 1/2 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped, 1/4 cup raw walnuts, 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix thoroughly, and spread evenly on the sheet.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden, rotating halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then eat while it’s still crispy.
- I like storing the granola in my fridge or freezer so it stays extra crunchy.
- Inspired and adapted from Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar cookbook.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.