This gorgeous berry tart is the best summertime dessert! Made with a gluten-free crust, creamy Greek yogurt filling and loads of fresh berries, it’s incredibly easy to whip up and tastes heavenly.
Today is going to be a good day! I can feel it. We’re one day away from the weekend, the weather feels amazing and I have a healthy dessert recipe to share that I’m REALLY excited about.
I know I get pumped about recipes all the time, but trust me on this one.
I mean, just look at it…
Beyond the fact that it’s beautiful, it’s also incredibly easy to make and it’s tastes heavenly. Isaac said it was one of the best desserts I’ve ever made… so there’s that.
The crust is gluten-free and grain-free — made with almond meal and crystallized ginger! After baking, the texture is golden brown and crunchy similar to a graham cracker crust and it works great as a base for the sweet and creamy Greek yogurt filling.
Top everything with fresh berries and you have yourself an impressive dessert that’s flavorful and satisfying without being crazy sweet or heavy. It’s got loads of healthy fat, protein and ample nutrients from the fresh fruit. It’s a great example of how healthy desserts can look beautiful and taste just as good as the most decadent dessert you’ve ever laid eyes on.
I actually ended up making the tart twice in one week when I was doing the recipe testing so we ate A LOT of it… without any complaints. I invited friends and family over for dessert and sent a few slices to summer school with Isaac, but I still ended up having a slice as an afternoon snack on multiple occasion and I’m pretty sure I had a bite or two for breakfast one morning as well. Oops! 🙂
I know for sure that this recipe will be a summer-staple for us going forward and it will definitely be served next year for the 4th of July! The colors are perfection.
Sooo… before summer is over, I highly recommend grabbing some fresh berries and whipping up this tart. Maybe for the kids as a farewell to summer or perhaps to share with friends and family at your Labor Day cookout. Whatever the occasion, I know you’re going to LOVE it!Print
The BEST healthy summertime dessert! This tart starts with a crystallized ginger and almond meal grain-free crust, is filled with creamy Greek yogurt and then piled high with loads of fresh berries.
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (use a brand with a thick consistency like Fage)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries (I used a mix of blueberries, strawberries and blackberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9 by 1 1/8-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the almond meal with the crystallized ginger, coconut sugar and salt until finely ground. Add the coconut oil and egg white and pulse until everything is evenly coated and sticking together. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Let the crust cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the maple syrup.
- Spread the yogurt in the crust and arrange the berries over the surface of the yogurt. Cut the tart in slices and serve.
Make ahead options: The baked and cooled crust can be wrapped in plastic and kept at room temperature overnight. Add the Greek yogurt filling right before serving.
Adapted from Food & Wine.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 10g