Published Jul 03, 2021, Updated Mar 20, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Say hello to your new favorite summer cocktail! Strawberry Frosé, aka frozen rosé, made with 4 ingredients, no refined sugar and less than 200 calories per drink.
With the summer heat in full swing, I wanted to share one of my go-to cocktail recipes to cool off with… strawberry frosé, aka frozen rosé. If you like rosé and frozen drinks you will LOVE this little combo of the two. It’s cold, icy, refreshing and so fun to drink!
I got the inspiration for this drink from a local Richmond spot, Kabana Rooftop. One sip and I wanted nothing but frosé for the rest of the summer (I’m on team #froséallday). I just knew I had to recreate the recipe for the blog!
Frosé Made Healthy
I’ll be the first to admit that I LOOVE frozen drinks, but I rarely order them because they’re usually made with mixes, filled with sugar and who knows what else. Well, not this one! This version has less than 200 calories per drink and is made with just 4 simple ingredients… frozen strawberries, Rosé and honey.
Frozen cocktails are super easy to make yourself… it’s like making a smoothie with a little alcohol instead of protein powder. 😉 Seriously though, whenever we go on a beach vacay I always make frozen drinks. I call them my concoctions. This skinny piña colada is another one of my faves and if you invite me on a beach vacay with you I’ll make you all the skinny piña coladas you could ever want.
- Rosé – Any bottle will do!
- Frozen strawberries – The frozen strawberries add flavor, texture and they keep they give the drink an extra hint of color.
- Honey – I like to sweeten the frosé up with a tiny bit of honey. You can certainly skip the honey if you’d like, but it’s a small amount and I find it helps sweeten the drink perfectly.
- ice – to give it that slushy texture. You may not need this if your rosé is chilled!
I love this recipe because it’s so simple and can easily be customized. Here are some ideas:
- Low-Sugar Frosé – this recipe has much less sugar than the frozen cocktails you’ll find at most restaurants, but if you’d like to reduce the sugar content you can easily skip the honey and use a low-sugar rose. Depending on the brand of rosé you get, it may have 21 to 72 calories of sugar per glass. For a low-sugar option I’ve tried this Wonderful Wine Co. Rosé and it was delicious and only has 0.15 grams of sugar per 5 oz glass.
- Peach Frosé – swap the frozen strawberries for frozen peaches and you’ve got yourself a delicious peach cocktail. muddle a few slices of jalapeño pepper in the bottom of the glass before mixing the rest of the ingredients for a spicy kick.
- Watermelon Frosé – if watermelon doesn’t scream summer I don’t know what does. To make watermelon frosé just cube up your watermelon and freeze 3 cups. Once the watermelon is frozen, make your cocktail as directed below.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Skinny Margarita
- 6 Skinny Cocktails for Summer
- Skinny Piña Colada
- Sparkling Vodka Cranberry with Lime
- Skinny Paloma
- 1 750 ml bottle chilled rosé
- 16 oz frozen strawberries, (3 cups)
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1 -2 cups ice cubes, if needed
- Add chilled rosé and frozen strawberries into a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and add honey and ice, if needed.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- Low-sugar option – Skip the honey and use a low-sugar rose. For a low-sugar option I’ve tried this Wonderful Wine Co. Rosé and it was delicious and only has 0.15 grams of sugar per 5 oz glass.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Love that we share a name 🙂 This looks absolutely delicious!! I have to make this before summer is over! Thanks, Brittany!
Ahhh I am LOVING this drink lately, thank you for the recipe!!
Gotta try this while it still feels like summer! This past weekend Brian and I were visiting family in Indiana and we enjoyed some wine slushies…these look so similar! Love the idea of making them at home (and no refined sugar!)
This drink looks delicious! Will have to try this!
Mouth-watering recipe out of strawberry, to enjoy in summer… thank you so much for sharing this delicious drink!!!
What a great drink. It was lovely, quick and easy to make with excellent results. I used a Pink Zinfadel, it was delicious in this drink. Made for Think Pink 2016… Breast Cancer Awareness Tag Game
I’m so glad you liked it. And what a fun idea for Think Pink!!
Cannot wait to try this!
Yay!! You’ll have to let me know what you think once you do! 🙂
Made this for Independence Day and it’s a hit! Thank you!
Ah yay! So glad this frosé was a hit, David! Thanks for the review and star rating. I really appreciate it!
To make this vegan I used the Rosé All Day line and agave nectar! YUM!
Love that, Greyson!!
See More Comments