Makes about 3.5 cups so if you’re only making it for yourself, you could easily cut the recipe in half.
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup almonds (or pecans/walnuts)
- 4 oz dates (about 7), pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 dried figs
- 1 or 2 tbsp of sweet wine or fruit juice (I used POM juice)
- Grind dry nuts in food processor , remove and set aside.
- Put the nuts, raisins, dates and figs into the food processor a little at a time and add the apple sauce and wine/juice as you grind to help keep it moving.
- Pulse until the mixture looks like a coarse paste. Remove the charoset from the processor and place it in a sealed container.
- Enjoy – spread onto matzoh and serve!
- Refrigerate any leftovers for later use.