These Elvis overnight oats are fit for the King with a combo of nutty peanut butter, fresh banana slices and crispy coconut bacon!
Before I go cray over this delicious bowl of overnight oats I want to say thank you to everyone who commented, texted, emailed or messaged me about my recent post. As I mentioned in one of my comment replies, I wrote the post in hopes of making other women who are struggling feel less alone and bring light to a topic that is talked about openly. This week has been one of the most challenging for me. Your thoughtfulness and support means more than you know. So thank you.
I don’t know what it is about Elvis, but apparently I take after my Nanny, who is a big fan.
A few weeks ago I made Elvis toast, I have my Green Elvis Smoothie, and now I have these Elvis overnight oats. I have to mention that the Green Elvis Smoothie is definitely one of my most popular recipes here on EBF and one of my all-time favorite smoothies. Adding peanut butter to smoothies (or really any
breakfast food) is a must around here.
So let’s chat about these overnight oats. They’re essentially peanut butter banana overnight oats, but there’s also BACON involved. Insert the shocked emoji face here.
And not just any bacon, my friends. We’re using crispy, crunchy vegan coconut bacon. It’s a thing. You can make it yourself using my recipe or you can buy it, either way get you some because you need these oats in your life. Plus coconut bacon is great for other things — like BLTs, salads or snacking. Trust me, you’ll find plenty of ways to use your coconut bacon!
This recipe is similar to all my other overnight oat recipes and starts with a base of oats and almond milk. I didn’t add yogurt or protein powder to this one, but feel free to add either if you want a bit more protein. Just a quick heads up, if you do add protein powder, you’ll likely need more almond milk.
For the peanut butter I used Reginald’s Bourbon Pecan peanut butter and it was perfection, but any peanut butter will work!
Prep everything tonight and wake up tomorrow to a bowl of Elvis overnight oats. Before you know it you’ll be singing “can’t help falling in love with you” to your oats. 😉Print
Overnight oats fit for the King with a combo of nutty peanut butter, fresh banana slices and crispy coconut bacon!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 bananas (1 mashed and 1 chopped for topping)
- 2–3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut bacon
- Add oats, almond milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, chia seeds and vanilla into a bowl. Stir well to combine. Cover container with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- Take the container out of the fridge the next morning and stir the mixture. You’ll notice that the oats and chia seeds soak up a lot of the liquid so you may want to add a little more almond milk before serving. Portion overnight oats into two bowls, top each with chopped banana, 2 Tablespoons of coconut bacon and extra peanut butter.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 13g