Cookie Dough Protein Balls
Published Apr 15, 2015, Updated Sep 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These no bake chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough protein balls are tasty, portable and packed with wholesome ingredients – great for snacking!
I know what you’re thinking. Brittany, why the heck are you posting another protein ball recipe?!? That’s the last thing the internet needs right now. But you know what? They’re incredibly tasty because they feature the ultimate culinary duo: peanut butter and chocolate. AND they taste like cookie dough… what could be better?
If my flavor introduction is not enough to tempt you, there’s more – these protein balls have only six ingredients and take about 10 minutes to whip up!
Only 6 Ingredients!
- rolled oats
- Medjool dates
- vanilla protein powder
- natural peanut butter – look for peanut butter where the only ingredients are peanut butter and salt.
- unsweetened almond milk
- dark chocolate chips – Enjoy Life chocolate chips are great if you’re dairy free. I also like Lily’s chocolate chips, which are lower in sugar.
Why Are These Protein Balls so Healthy?
On the nutrition front, they’re vegan and gluten free with a great balance of protein, healthy fats and smart carbs – perfect for before or after your workout, as a mid-afternoon pick me up or a late-night snack. Heck, I’d even eat them for breakfast. I mean, they DO have oatmeal.
Peanut butter has a good amount of protein, but I decided to add a bit more by including a little protein powder. This snack (or breakfast) will actually keep you satisfied.
More Cookie Dough Recipes You’ll Love
- Protein Cookie Dough
- Healthy Cookie Dough Bars (Low Sugar)
- Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
More Protein Ball Recipes to Try
- Thin Mint Protein Balls
- Coconut Protein Balls
- Vegan Protein Balls
- Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Protein Balls
- Almond Joy Protein Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Pumpkin Protein Balls
Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until they form a thick paste. Add in rolled oats and pulse a few more times until just combined.
- Place date and oat mixture into a bowl. Stir in protein powder and peanut butter. Then add almond milk and stir well to combine. If the mixture seems dry, add an extra splash of almond milk. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough from the bowl using a small/medium cookie scoop and form into balls using your hands. You should get about 24 balls.
- Place balls into a sealed storage container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or the freezer for 1-2 months.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.