Raspberry Chia Pudding
Published Jul 15, 2019, Updated Apr 10, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
A delicious and creamy raspberry chia pudding that tastes like raspberry cheesecake! Perfect for breakfast, dessert or as a snack.
I couldn’t resist, I have another chia pudding recipe for you! There are just so many different flavor variations… it’s fun to get creative!
There are so many reasons why chia pudding is one of my favorite options for breakfast or snacking. It is super versatile, you can eat it for breakfast, for dessert or for a snack. And because it is made in a jar, you can take this with you on the go. I love a good portable breakfast! But my absolute favorite thing about chia seed pudding is that it is super healthy for you.
Chia Seed Health Benefits
Chia seeds are packed with omega 3 fatty acids and fiber, plus a good amount of plant-based protein! They pack the punch when it comes to nutrients but don’t have that many calories so they are what the health world calls a nutrient-dense food. Read more about the health benefits of chia seeds.
Chia seeds have a fairly bland flavor so they take on the flavor of the surrounding ingredients. I love how versatile they are so I can play around in the kitchen to make my favorite flavor combinations.
This raspberry chia pudding gives off raspberry cheesecake vibes with the crushed granola “crust” at the bottom of the jar and the creamy chia pudding with Greek yogurt. If you want to take it to the next level and give it more cheesecake flavor, you can add a little cream cheese (about 1 Tablespoon) to the chia pudding mixture.
I decided to layer the ingredients for a fun, artsy look but if you’re short on time, you can totally just mix everything together. It will still be delicious!
Ingredients Needed for Raspberry Chia Pudding
- chia seeds
- milk – I like using almond or coconut milk for this recipe, but whatever you have on hand will work
- Greek yogurt – plain, full-fat Greek yogurt is best.
- maple syrup
- lemon juice
- granola – we’re crushing this to make a “crust”
Want More Chia Pudding Recipes?
- Basic Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Mango Chia Pudding
- Kiwi Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Banana Split Chia Pudding
- Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Protein Chia Pudding
Do More with Chia Seeds! Check Out These Recipes:
- 10 Ways to Eat Chia Seeds
- Lemon Chia Fresca
- Easy Strawberry Chia Jam
- Chia Breakfast Cookies
- Chia Bars
Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries + more for topping
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk, I like almond or coconut, but any milk will work
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons granola, crushed + more for topping
- Stir together almond milk, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla. Let sit for 5 minutes then stir the mixture again to get out any clumps that may have formed. Place mixture in the fridge to set, at least 30 minutes but up to 12 hours.
- While chia pudding is setting, mash raspberries in a small bowl using a fork and crush granola. To crush the granola, place it in a plastic bag and use the bottom of a jar to press/lightly pound on the granola and crush it until it resembled graham cracker crumbs.
- Once chia pudding has set, grab a glass jar and add your crushed granola. Top granola with half of the chia pudding, then add the mashed raspberries. Finish with the remaining chia pudding. Top with a few raspberries and additional granola if desired and enjoy!
- Chia pudding should last 3-4 days in the fridge (depending on the freshness of the berries you used).
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Love this simple and delicious chia pudding recipe! I had all ingredients on hand and thought the addition of yogurt and lemon was a new touch. Perfect for breakfast, a snack or a healthier option for dessert too!
So glad this chia pudding was a success! Thanks so much for the review, Steph. I so appreciate it!!
The raspberries are the star in this chia pudding. I love the flavor they add. So good
So glad you enjoyed this chia pudding, Teresa! Thanks for the review 🙂
Another lovely chia recipe. I had a little taste of the pudding by itself & it was delicious with the hint of lemon. I had to stop myself from eating it, before I had added the granola & crushed raspberries!
So glad this chia pudding was a success, Susannah! Thanks for trying it and coming back to leave a review. I so appreciate it!
I was skeptical about Greek yogurt in a chia pudding, but this just elevated the recipe to a whole new level. The recipe is super yummy even without the fruit. This is going to be my new go to base recipe!
Woo!! I’m so glad this chia pudding was a hit, Hina! Thanks so much for making it and coming back to leave a review. I really appreciate it!
Made this for breakfast and boy, was it tasty. It was quick & so easy to make, it hardly took any time at all. I didn’t have lemon juice (darn) so I used pickled beet juice. Ha! Turned out great, although next time I’ll add more granola for extra crunch. Now I’m making your hemp granola.
Woo! So glad this chia pudding was a hit for you, Susan! Thanks for sharing your review, it means the world to me 🙂
Oh my goodness!! This raspberry chia pudding is amazing!!.. Me and my family absolutely love it.. Tomorrow I’m making your mango chia pudding.. Thanks for sharing all these great recipes my family loves them.
Yay! I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed this recipe, Shanda! Thank you for coming back to leave your review + star rating, I really appreciate you being here!
Hi! I wanted to know if I’m vegan, can I alternate for vegan yogurt? Will it still have the creamy cheesecake feel? Also, I saw your tip about cream cheese, will vegan cream cheese work?
Hi Casita – I have not tried this recipe with vegan yogurt and cream cheese. It should work, but I have a feeling it will change the flavor a bit. I have found that vegan yogurts and cream cheese can have a little bit of a different flavor that can alter the original flavor of the recipe. Let me know if you give this recipe a try and how it turns out!
This was delicious! It had so much more flavor than most I’ve tried. I’m pregnant and in my second trimester so I’m always looking for good snacks. This is perfect!
Aw yay, congrats! I am so glad you are loving this recipe and it turned out great of you, Heather! Thank you so much for your review + star rating, it means so much to me!
See More Comments