These Mighties Kiwi Chia Pudding Parfaits are a unique way to enjoy fresh kiwi. The combo of chia seed pudding and kiwi puree makes for a healthy breakfast or snack that’s filling and delicious.
My sister and I loved kiwi growing up. My mom would buy them for us often, but for whatever reason it still felt like a special treat — definitely more exotic than your typical apple, orange or banana. That said, I don’t remember us ever using kiwi in recipes. We always ate them as a snack, scooping the flesh from the skin with a spoon.
Kiwi are obviously still great for snacking, but I’ve realized they’re really fun to use in recipes as well. They add a delicious flavor, lovely color and nutrition to a variety of dishes. I’ve done a couple fruit salads with kiwi like this quinoa fruit salad with toasted coconut and this mixed berry fruit salad, but today I’m going outside of the box with a kiwi chia pudding parfaits.
The parfaits are colorful and delicious! And as a bonus, kiwi is a super-fruit — packed with nutrition that’s ideal for a pre-workout energy boost or to refuel and recover post-workout. Eating two kiwi gives you more vitamin C than an orange, more potassium than a banana and more vitamins E & K than an avocado. Woot!
Combine all the nutrients in kiwi with the health benefits of chia seeds and you’ve got one amazing little meal — perfect for breakfast or a snack.
For this recipe I teamed up with Mighties, a California based kiwi grower that focuses on making the super-fruit more approachable to consumers. Mighties arrive in the store ripe and ready to eat, taking the guesswork out of when to purchase or eat them! So if you’re looking for kiwi in the store, just look for the Mighties clamshell packaging. And definitely check out their Instagram account for fun kiwi inspiration.
I hope you love these simple parfaits as much as we do!Print
A unique way to enjoy fresh kiwi. The combo of chia seed pudding and kiwi puree makes for a healthy breakfast or snack that’s filling and delicious.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste from pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 3 Mighties kiwi, peeled + 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- fresh blueberries
- fresh blackberries
- toasted coconut flakes
- Combine chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a glass container or mason jar and let set up at least one hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Remove chia pudding from the fridge and give the mixture a good stir, making sure the chia seeds have absorbed most of the liquid and created a thick gel-like consistency. Taste and add more maple syrup, if needed.
- Place three Mighties kiwi in a blender and process until pureed. If puree seems too watery or thin, you can strain it through a fine mesh strainer. Save remaining sliced kiwi for topping your parfaits.
- Grab two glass containers and create the parfaits by adding a layer of chia pudding, a layer of kiwi puree and another layer of chia pudding. Top each parfait with fresh berries, sliced kiwi and a few flakes of toasted coconut.
*For extra protein, add 1/4 cup greek yogurt to the chia pudding mixture before putting it into the fridge to set up.
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 7g
This post is sponsored by Mighties. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EBF possible.