Creamy coconut milk, chia seeds and sweet strawberries are mixed together and topped with a drizzle of chocolate to make this decadent Chocolate Covered Strawberry Chia Pudding. No one will ever guess it’s vegan and paleo-friendly!
I know we still have a little time, but I’m ready to start celebrating Valentine’s Day. Anyone else?
If I’m being honest, I’ve had my heart wreath up for over a month. I’m such a sucker for Valentine’s Day decor because it’s one of my favorite holidays. Not because I’m super sappy (which I am occasionally) but because Valentine’s Day is also my birthday. We call it Birth-Valentine’s Day.
Yes, my mom always says I’m her favorite Valentine’s Day gift and yes, Isaac has to get me double the presents. It’s great. The one thing that’s not so great? Trying to make dinner reservations on my birthday. For this reason we usually stay in and cook dinner ourselves. If you’re planning to do the same, I have just the dessert for you.
It’s this chocolate covered strawberry chia seed pudding a.k.a the creamiest chia seed pudding I’ve ever eaten.
The base for the pudding is simply coconut milk (the full-fat, canned kind) blended with strawberries and vanilla. I found it plenty sweet with just the berries, but you can add a little natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup if you’d like.
You add the chia seeds to the strawberry coconut milk. Let them do their thang for a bit. They’ll gel up and the mixture will become the consistency of pudding.
Once it’s ready you simply put the pudding into serving dishes, melt your chocolate with a little coconut oil to make a “magic shell” of sorts and drizzle it on.
Ta-da! It’s so easy AND so pretty, right? I love that the pudding itself is light pink.
You gotta make it for your Valentine!Print
Creamy coconut milk, chia seeds and sweet strawberries are mixed together and topped with a drizzle of chocolate to make a decadent, yet healthier dessert. No one will ever guess it’s vegan and paleo-friendly!
- 1 (13 oz) can classic coconut milk*
- 1 cup strawberries, divided
- natural sweetener of choice — maple syrup, honey or stevia (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place coconut milk, 1/2 cup strawberries, vanilla extract and sweetener of choice (if using) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chia seeds in a large sealable container. Pour strawberry coconut milk mixture over chia seeds and stir well to combine. Cover chia coconut milk mixture and place in the fridge to set up for a couple hours.
- Bring chia pudding out of the fridge, stir well and portion into small bowls for serving.
- Meanwhile place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until chocolate has melted.
- Top each bowl of chia pudding with fresh slices of strawberry and drizzle chocolate on top. Enjoy immediately.
*Using full-fat coconut milk makes for a seriously rich and creamy pudding. For a lighter version, sub another non-dairy milk (like almond milk) for the full-fat coconut milk. Or use light coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 5g
Oh and just for fun I made a gif of the chocolate drizzle action! The color is a little off but I’m still quite proud of it. <3