Yesterday was quite a relaxing day. I spent a good portion of the morning on the phone catching up with my Dad, which was great because we hadn’t had a chance to chat in way too long.
For breakfast I made a protein pancake. I’ve been stuck on the Tone It Up protein pancake since buying the Tone It Up diet plan a few weeks ago. I’ve never been a huge pancake person but protein pancakes are super easy to make, tasty, filling and apparently addictive…
For today’s version I used fresh figs from Isaac’s parents’ tree and the pancake turned out to be amazing. I think I’ve officially mastered the art of making (and flipping!) the protein pancake.
Protein Pancake with Fresh Figs
Serves 1 / Adapted from the TIU Protein Pancake
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use brown rice protein powder)
- 3 fresh figs, mashed
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together the egg whites, protein powder, almond milk, chia seeds, cinnamon and stevia until all the powder is dissolved.
- Stir in the fresh figs.
- Spray a medium sized pan with cooking spray and set heat to medium-low. The lower heat is the key to making sure the pancake doesn’t burn.
- Pour in pancake batter and cook until little bubbles form (about 3 minutes). Carefully flip the pancake over to the other side. (Flipping the pancake is tricky because it’s usually quite large. You might need an extra utensil to help with the flipping.)
- Cook until pancake is done in the middle. It typically takes about about 2-3 minutes.
- Place pancake on a plate, top with nut butter/syrup and enjoy.
1 word = delish!
After eating I managed to squeeze in a yoga session. This was much needed! Since I started the BFL training plan, my yoga for scoliosis therapy has kind of dropped off. I’ve been doing poses here and there but never allocating enough time to do a full session. :/ It felt good to get back to it.
The rest of my Sunday involved:
- Relaxing by the pool with Stephanie <– Hanging out with her is always a blast and today was no different.
- A trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s for this week’s groceries (My Favs!)
- Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout on Exercise TV (It totally kicked my butt. I was a sweaty mess by the time the 45 minutes were over!)
- A delicious salmon dinner from Tosca Reno’s Eat-Clean Diet Stripped book <– More on that soon!
So tell me, what was your weekend like? Did you do anything fun?