These homemade Larabars require only five ingredients and take only minutes to make. You’ll love the Coconut Chocolate Chip flavor!
Our kitchen, in all it’s retro 1950’s glory, is slowly but surely coming together and I finally got around to using it this week.
Homemade Coconut Chocolate Chip Larabars for the win!
If you’ve ever had a Coconut Chocolate Chip Larabar before you’ll know it’s packed with coconut flavor and studded with sweet chocolate chips — basically a health nut’s candy bar. I think it might be my favorite Larabar flavor, although I do love Apple Pie, Peanut Butter Cookie and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip as well. Oh, and apparently there’s a new flavor out — Strawberry Shortcake. Definitely gotta find/try that one soon.
So yeah, the Coconut Chocolate Chip is a favorite and I have no clue why I haven’t made a homemade version before now. Seriously — they’re incredibly easy to make and the perfect way to satisfy a nagging sweet tooth.
All you need is five simple ingredients and food processor!
Make a batch this weekend and thank me later.
Homemade Coconut Chocolate Chip Larabars
- Line a square or rectangle baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place coconut, almonds and cashews into food processor and pulse until they're chopped into small pieces. Place nut mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Put dates into the food processor and pulse until a paste forms (the dates will probably form into a sticky ball).
- Add nuts and coconut back into the processor with the dates and pulse until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times, until they’re just incorporated.
- Remove dough from processor and press evenly into your prepared dish. Make sure you press the dough down really well so that the bars stay together.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden up and then slice into bars. Store any leftovers in the fridge with parchment paper between them for up to a week. You can also store the bars in the freezer if you want them to last even longer.
by Brittany Mullins
I’m actually doing a little demo and making them for the ladies at my local Pure Barre studio this morning… headed there now! 🙂