Apple Nachos with Date Caramel Sauce
Published Oct 18, 2017, Updated Sep 08, 2021
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These healthy apple nachos are sure to satisfy even the strongest sugar craving. Sliced apples are piled high and topped with date caramel, chocolate chips and nuts.
Let’s get into these apple nachos! Remember that date caramel sauce I posted last week? Well these nachos are putting it to good use. They pair together the crisp, tart taste of a fresh apple with the sweet and creamy date caramel sauce to make a healthy snack that is reminiscent of a caramel apple, yet somehow even better!
I honestly don’t know what the best part of this recipe is… its versatility or the fact that the ingredients are truly delicious and come from real ingredients.
Here’s What You Need
- date caramel sauce – we’re using my 4-ingredient date caramel sauce recipe.
- apple – one apple, sliced and arranged on your plate so that every piece gets some drizzle!
- chocolate chips – I prefer to use Lily’s dark chocolate chips because I find that the bitter taste of the dark chocolate compliments the sweet and saltiness of the caramel perfectly. Cacao nibs would work too.
- chopped pecans – any nut will do if you prefer something else and you can also toast the pecans for a more complex flavor!
How to Make Apple Nachos
It’s crazy simple! We’re talking no oven (unless you choose to toast the nuts), minimal dishes and a whole lot of sweet-tooth satisfaction!
The first step is to make the date caramel sauce. Then you’ll go ahead and slice your apple, drizzle on the caramel and finish with a sprinkle of chocolate chips and chopped nuts. It’s that easy.
Add Nut Butter
These apple nachos are delicious on their own, but if you’re feeling nutty, you could try adding a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter (along with the date caramel) for an extra boost of protein! My motto = when in doubt… add nut butter. Almond butter, peanut butter or cashew butter would be delish.
More Recipes With Date Caramel
- Salted Caramel Oatmeal
- Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Bars
- Apple Samoas with Date Caramel
- Samoa Baked Oatmeal
More Apple Recipes to Try
- Apple Butter
- Apple Crumble Bars
- Raw Mini Apple Pies
- Vegan Apple Bread
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Apple Granola Bars
- 2 Tablespoons date caramel sauce
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips, or cacao nibs
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pecans*
- Wash and slice the apple, leaving the skin on. Add apple slices to a plate in a single layer, if possible.
- Drizzle date caramel sauce on top of the sliced apples.
- Sprinkle on chocolate chips, chopped nuts and any other toppings of choice.
- Toasting pecans: For toasting the pecans, turn oven to 350°F and spread the nuts out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake until golden for 5-10 minutes or until fragrant and toasty.
- Add nut butter: skip the pecans and drizzle a tablespoon of nut butter over the top of the nachos to add a salty flavor and some extra protein.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I’ve seen and enjoyed apple nachos, but never with a homemade date caramel sauce!! These look like a perfect fall treat 🙂
Thanks Tara. I hope you get a chance to try this version!!
Had been scouring the internet for easy vegan caramel recipes and landed on this gem! Just finished devouring one of the most amazing apple snacks of my life!! Thank YOU!!!
This is the first time on your site. For the Healthy Apple Nachos, ou have “date caramel sauce” Do you have a recipe for this or is it found at the grocery store? Thanks!
Yup! I have a recipe for date caramel sauce on the blog. Linking it here for you! 4-Ingredient Date Caramel Sauce