Egg, Spinach and Feta Breakfast Wrap
Published Jan 04, 2021, Updated Aug 30, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Similar to the Starbucks breakfast wrap, this healthy breakfast wrap is stuffed with eggs, spinach, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, hummus and feta.
Do you get stuck in a rut when it comes to breakfast? I feel like I go in phases where I’m eating the same thing every day… and it’s usually either oatmeal or eggs. Or if I’m feeling fancy, an egg and oat combo bowl! I know it sounds weird, but it’s so good!
When thinking of different ways to switch up my breakfast game I got inspired by the Starbucks spinach, feta egg white wrap and developed this recipe!
Before you take a look at this ingredient list and question why I am including hummus, I’m actually convinced it’s the perfect spread no matter what time of day!
It’s so good in this breakfast wrap, I might just start making breakfast sandwiches with hummus as well! Even if hummus for breakfast seems a little odd to you, I hope you’ll give this wrap a try! Not only is it quick to make, but it requires only a few ingredients and it’s portable as well.
- whole grain or grain-free tortilla
- egg + egg whites
- baby spinach
- crumbled feta
- sun-dried tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
What Type of Wrap to Use for a Breakfast Wrap?
You can use any type of tortilla or wrap you like for this breakfast wrap. I personally like to buy whole grain or grain-free wraps… ones made with almond or cassava flour or even cauliflower or coconut. I think my choice for this breakfast wrap would be the Siete burrito size tortillas because they’re larger and hold more filling!
That said, there are a ton of healthy tortilla and wrap options out there now. Of course a regular whole grain wrap works too!
Notes & Substitutions
Vegetables – I used my go-to veggies — onions, mushrooms and spinach. These are veggies I seem to always have on hand, but feel free to switch things up based on what you have in your fridge. I bet this wrap would be equally delicious with a different green veggie (think baby kale, broccoli, beet greens, or Swiss chard) or a variety of other veggies like garlic, shallots, sliced bell pepper, sweet potatoes, tomatoes or fresh salsa.
Hummus – The same goes for the flavor of hummus. I used Sabra’s garlic hummus, which was delicious, but I’m sure there are some other amazing combos out there!
Dairy-free – You can omit the feta cheese to keep this wrap dairy-free! It’ll still be creamy and delicious thanks to the hummus.
How to Make an Egg Breakfast Wrap
Sauté vegetables – Spray a skillet with cooking spray and sauté the onion and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Add in the spinach and sauté for a few minutes longer, until the spinach has wilted.
Add eggs – Add the egg and egg whites to the pan with veggies and cook for about 2 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Sprinkle in a little sea salt and ground pepper while cooking.
Prep wraps – Warm up the tortilla for a few seconds in the microwave or oven and spread on a layer of hummus. Place the egg scramble in the center of the tortilla, top with sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper as well as hot sauce if using. Wrap up and enjoy!
Breakfast Wrap To Go
If you need to take it with you on the go, you can simply use a little foil to wrap it up and head out the door. The foil will keep the wrap together and help to keep it relatively warm.
More Recipes With Egg Whites
- Protein Pancakes
- Egg White Omelette
- Thick and Fluffy Egg White Oatmeal
- Egg White Bites (Starbucks Copycat)
- Egg and Oatmeal Combo Bowl
- Blueberry Breakfast Salad
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Dairy-Free Spinach Quiche
- Sausage Egg Casserole with Veggies
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Baked Avocado Eggs
- Savory Oatmeal
- Egg and Greens Bowl
- Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Frittata
- Vegetarian Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Egg, Spinach and Feta Breakfast Wrap
- 1 whole grain or grain-free tortilla, I like Seite’s burrito size tortillas
- 1-2 Tablespoons hummus, any flavor will work
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ⅛ cup onion, chopped
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta
- 1 Tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and sauté onion and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Add spinach and sauté for a few minutes longer, until spinach has wilted.
- Add egg and egg whites to pan with veggies and cook for about 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. While cooking sprinkle on a little sea salt and ground pepper.
- Warm up the tortilla and the spread on a layer of hummus. Place the egg scramble in the center of the tortilla and top with sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle on a little more salt and pepper as well as hot sauce, if using.
- Wrap tortilla up and serve!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photos by Ashley McLaughlin.