Easy Coconut Shrimp Curry
Published Sep 09, 2016, Updated Feb 22, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
A quick and easy coconut shrimp curry dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Serve over rice or quinoa for a flavorful weeknight meal. This post is sponsored by Kroger. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you’re anything like me you’re always looking for healthy weeknight meals that taste awesome, but don’t take forever to make. I like to spend time in the kitchen (obvi, considering this blog is about 75% food), but even I can’t tolerate recipes that take longer than 30 minutes on a weeknight. Mostly because I’m typically starving come dinner time, but also because I’d much rather spend my evening going for a walk with Olive, doing a house project or relaxing with Isaac.
One Pan Shrimp Curry
For this reason I gravitate toward quick, one-pan recipes like this coconut shrimp curry! With a help of jarred red curry paste, you can easily toss together this flavorful dish in less than 20 minutes! It’s loaded with nutrient-dense veggies, the shrimp offers a good source of protein and the healthy fat from the coconut milk makes the dish extra creamy, satisfying and filling.
How to Serve This Shrimp Curry
It works great served over a whole grain like quinoa or brown rice. I actually used a blend of both. If you’re grain-free or looking for a low-carb option, cauliflower rice will work too.
Easy Weeknight Meal on Regular Rotation
We pretty much always have a can of coconut milk in the pantry and frozen shrimp in the freezer so I know this easy coconut curry shrimp dish will be happening around here on the regular. The nice part is that you can easily swap out the veggies based on what’s in season and what you have on hand. I love the bell peppers and broccoli, but I bet the curry would be amazing with butternut squash… especially as the weather gets cooler.
Love Curry? Try Some of my Other Recipes:
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Tuna Curry Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
- Curried Chickpea Bowls
- Curried Chickpea Salad
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curried Eggplant
- Coconut Curry Mussels with Zucchini Noodles
- Vegan Curried Pumpkin Soup
- One-Pan Curried Shakshuka
- Chicken Curry With Vegetables
Easy Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk, lite or full fat
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 10 ounce bag of frozen peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (save a few for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- lime wedges, for garnish
- cooked brown rice or quinoa, for serving
- sriracha, for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic, ginger and red bell pepper, cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add in broccoli, coconut milk, curry paste and salt, stir and bring mixture to a low boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallions into the pan, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in fresh basil. Serve curry over cooked brown rice, quinoa or a mixture of the two. Garnish each serving with a few scallions and a lime wedge.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.