Chocolate Peanut Butter Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
Published Dec 29, 2023, Updated Jan 09, 2024
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Make healthy protein ice cream in your Ninja Creami with this simple recipe. It’s super creamy, loaded with chocolate peanut butter goodness and packed with over 20 grams of protein.
I’ve been loving my Ninja Creami ice cream maker so I thought I would share my go-to recipe on the blog in case anyone got a Creami for Christmas!
This chocolate peanut butter Ninja Creami protein ice cream recipe is so easy to whip up… all you need is your Creami ice cream maker and a few simple ingredients. It’s so creamy and delicious, no one will ever know that it’s a healthy recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – You only need 5 simple ingredients and a Creami ice cream maker! The hardest part is waiting for it to set in the freezer.
- Protein-packed – Satisfy your sweet tooth and get your protein in with this recipe! One serving is packed with over 20 grams of protein.
- Healthy – This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and naturally sweetened with only banana!
Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream Ingredients
You only need 5 simple ingredients to whip up this creamy treat! Here’s what you need:
- chocolate protein powder – for that chocolatey flavor! I personally love the chocolate Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based, has a minimal, clean ingredient list and is delicious. You can use my code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order.
- banana – you’ll need half of a fresh banana to add natural sweetness and creaminess.
- peanut butter – for that nutty, peanut butter flavor we all love! Look for nut butter that doesn’t have any added ingredients. I usually go for the store brand and read the label to make sure it’s just one or two ingredients, the nuts and salt.
- milk – your choice! I like using unsweetened almond milk to keep this recipe vegan and dairy-free, but feel free to use dairy milk to boost the protein content even more. I do like using Fairlife milk sometimes for that added protein boost!
- granola or nuts – this adds a delicious crunch to the ice cream! You can use raw nuts or your favorite granola, but I love adding my homemade granola to this ice cream. It’s SO good!
How to Make Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
This recipe is so easy to whip up! The hardest part is waiting for it to set in the freezer, but it’s definitely worth it!
Step 1: Add protein powder, banana, peanut butter and milk into an empty Ninja Creami pint and use an immersion blender to combine until smooth. Alternatively, you can use a blender for this. Freeze for 8-24 hours.
Step 2: Use the Ninja Creami’s Lite Ice Cream cycle on the frozen mix. Add 1 tablespoon of milk and some granola or nuts into the mix. Use the Ninja Creami’s Mix-In cycle. Add more milk and use Re-Spin for smoother ice cream. Serve the ice cream once it’s the right consistency, with your favorite toppings.
Tips For Success
- Make sure your mixture is completely smooth before freezing. A lumpy base can lead to icy textures.
- For the best consistency, aim for at least 12 hours of freezing. It can be tempting to check early, but patience pays off!
- After the initial Creami cycle, if the ice cream isn’t as creamy as you’d like, don’t hesitate to use the Re-Spin cycle with an extra splash of milk.
- Get creative with toppings! Fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey, or a sprinkle of cocoa powder can elevate your ice cream experience.
Dietary Substitutions & Notes
- Vegan: If you’re using a dairy-free milk this recipe is already vegan and dairy-free, just make sure you’re using a vegan protein powder as many brands contain dairy or animal products.
- Nut-free: If you’re allergic to nuts or peanuts, feel free to use almond butter or a nut-free seed butter like sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- Sweetened: If you want this ice cream a bit sweeter, you could add a scoop of honey or maple syrup to the mix.
Have some fun with this recipe, try adding some new things, and let us know how it goes in the comments! Here’s just a few ideas for inspiration.
- Fruity: Add a handful of your favorite berries, like strawberries or blueberries, into the mix for a fruity flavor.
- Chocolate chip: Stir in some dark chocolate chips during the Mix-In cycle for a classic chocolate chip ice cream experience.
- Coffee: Blend in a teaspoon of instant coffee or espresso powder with the initial ingredients for a coffee protein ice cream.
- Cinnamon: A dash of cinnamon added to the mixture can create a warm and comforting flavor profile.
- Minty: For a refreshing touch, add a few drops of mint extract, and consider some crushed dark chocolate for a mint chocolate version.
- Vanilla: Swap the chocolate protein powder with vanilla protein powder and add some vanilla extract or vanilla
What if I Don’t Have a Ninja Creami?
If you don’t have a Ninja Creami I recommend getting one because it’s so fun to use and results is super creamy, delicious ice cream! That said, if you don’t have one you can try using a regular ice cream maker, but the texture might be slightly different. Or make my protein ice cream which doesn’t require an ice cream maker.
How to Store
If you’re like me, you’ll eat up this ice cream in one sitting because it’s that good! But if you have leftovers or make a larger batch you can easily store it in the freezer for later use!
Just place leftovers in a freezer-safe container that’s covered completely and store for up to three months in the freezer. Tip! Make sure your ice cream is tightly covered to prevent freezer burn!
More Frozen Treats to Try
- Mint Chip Avocado Ice Cream
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Strawberry Coconut Milk Sorbet
- Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- 1 scoop (25 grams) chocolate protein powder
- ½ banana
- ½ Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more for mixing
- 2 Tablespoons granola or nuts
- Add protein powder, banana, peanut butter and milk into an empty Ninja Creami pint and use an immersion blender to combine until smooth. You can also use a blender for this). Freeze for 8-24 hours.
- Place pint onto the Creami machine and run the Lite Ice Cream cycle once. Remove from machine, make a well in the center of the mixture and add 1 Tbsp milk and granola or nuts.
- Place pint back onto the Creami and run the Mix-In cycle. If the mixture is still powdery or not as smooth as you’d like you can add another 1 tablespoon of milk and run the pint through the Re-Spin cycle.
- Once the ice cream is your desired consistency, portion into bowls (or eat it straight from the pint), top with any toppings you like and enjoy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.