Creamy Clementine Smoothie

by on January 15, 2013

I make protein smoothies all the time. They’re super easy to whip up and a great way to get in a good amount of protein and healthy carbs after a workout. Plus, I like that they’re super portable. I work from home most days but it’s still nice to have a breakfast I can carry up the stairs to my office. Speaking of my home office, I need to take photos and show you guys what it looks like. It’s coming together quite nicely!

Back to the smoothies! To keep from getting bored, I’m always trying different smoothie combinations but tend to stick with using 1/2 a frozen banana, almond milk and protein powder as my base. You really can’t go wrong with this combo but if you hate bananas (I personally don’t know how it’s possible), you can substitute 1/2 cup of frozen mango in it’s place. It gives smoothies a similar texture and sweetness.

As most of you probably know, I’ve been on a clementine kick lately, which totally inspired the smoothie I’m sharing today. It’s a little untraditional as clementines aren’t a fruit I add to smoothies very often, however if you give this smoothie a whirl, I think you’ll be delighted at how delicious it is.

Creamy Clementine Smoothie

5.0 from 3 reviews

Creamy Clementine Smoothie

Prep time
Total time

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Vanilla
  • ½ frozen banana, peeled and sliced before freezing
  • 3 clementines, peeled
  • 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 scoop vanilla brown rice protein powder (optional)
Instructions
  1. Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 374 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 63g Sugar: 35g Protein: 23g

Creamy Clementine Smoothie

It’s like sipping a healthy Creamsicle.

Creamy Clementine Smoothie

This smoothie is not only tasty, but it’s super easy to make (only 5 ingredients). In addition, it has the perfect amount of calories (around 370 with the protein powder) and a good mix of healthy sugar, protein and fat. I like it for breakfast or a post workout recovery drink.

Have you ever tried clementines in your smoothies before?

I was compensated by FitFluential LLC  for this campaign. All opinions are my own.

kim@hungryhealthygirl January 15, 2013 at 8:46 am

Looks like you love clementines almost as much as I do! ;) I’ve actually thought about making a smooth with them. I haven’t had many smoothies lately due to the cold weather, but I really want to give this a try.

NYC Fit GIrl January 15, 2013 at 8:54 am

You have so many great ideas for clementines! Love it!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 15, 2013 at 9:00 am

yum! I have never put a clementine in a smoothie, I always think about doing it but never do! Glad I have this recipe now so I can try it out!

Becky @ Olives n Wine January 15, 2013 at 9:42 am

I never would have thought to add clementines to smoothies! I have a big bag of them at home right now so I’ll definitely have to give this smoothie a try :)

Elena January 15, 2013 at 10:21 am

I have so many mandarins and clementines in my garden now (in Israel)!
Will try this idea!

Rachel January 15, 2013 at 10:26 am

I have never thought about putting clementines in a smoothie.. good idea!! I’ll def try it out :D

Sara @ fitcupcaker January 15, 2013 at 12:12 pm

yum… I love making smoothies too! This looks like a great one to try :)

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen January 15, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I’ve been squeezing oranges and clementines into my smoothies lately, and I love the brightness it adds to them!

Gillian @ Drop that Debt January 15, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Somehow read this at the perfect time. Bought my first crate of clementines this season last week, and I’ve been digging them ever since. I’m going to try this this afternoon and the lucky boyfriend will get some too. :)

jodye @ chocolate and chou fleur January 15, 2013 at 3:44 pm

This smoothie looks great, and sounds os refreshing! My boyfriend has been nagging me to make a creamsicle type dessert lately, and this looks like it fits the bill!

Emily January 15, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I made a similar one a few weeks ago – the only addition mine had was vanilla. It was my smoothie replica of an orange julius!!

Angela January 15, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Sounds delicious! I have always wondered how you would put citrus in a smoothie. Now I know! :)

Sues January 16, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I LOVE the idea of a clementine smoothie, especially if it tastes like a creamsicle. Definitely trying this one!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 16, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I love clementines this time of year. I actually made carrot and clementine juice this past weekend.

Stephen@HappyHeart January 17, 2013 at 8:22 am

Sounds delicious! I never think of adding oranges to smoothies but the combination of orange and banana is a good one ! :)

Lindsay January 17, 2013 at 10:57 am

This sounds so good, I’m making it after my workout this afternoon!

Melanie @ Happy Being Healthy January 17, 2013 at 1:41 pm

That smoothie looks heavenly. I’m definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Liz @ iheartvegetables January 17, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I’m having a protein smoothie right now! But I haven’t added clementines before! YUM!

Renae January 18, 2013 at 11:44 am

Just had this for my post-run recovery drink. SO good!! Thanks!

Zuupdesign January 19, 2013 at 12:10 am

I write a blog (http://www.zuup.com/) helping people take a long-term view of HEALTH CARE. Provides a discreet and stylish alternative to pill bottles and other dispensers that helps you keep your health your business. I’d be honored if you took a look..

Emily January 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Winter means clementines to me…we always got them in our stockings on Christmas morning. Thanks so much for this great recipie!

Marianne @ Living with Greater Purpose February 11, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I have so many clementines to use up. I’m thinking this may be breakfast tomorrow!

Eating Bird Food February 11, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Woo-hoo! Let me know how it turns out.