These gluten-free and vegan tempeh tacos are perfect for summer entertaining! Create a taco bar and let everyone load up the tacos with their favorite toppings. This post is sponsored by Lightlife.
I’m so glad so many of you have been trying and loving my tempeh recipes! Today I’m teaming up with Lightlife (my favorite brand of tempeh) to share with another tempeh recipe that’s absolutely perfect for summer.
I know tempeh can be kind of intimidating, but once you start cooking it at home and find a few recipes you love, it’s such an easy protein option to keep in the fridge. Plus, it’s an amazing source of protein and fiber, which is great if you’re following a plant-based diet or just want to try something new!
Today I’m excited to share this tempeh taco recipe with you. It’s the perfect recipe for summer entertaining! Few things are better than having friends over for a summer dinner. I’m a huge fan of doing taco night when friends come over, because everyone can build their own tacos based on their preferences. And everyone loves tacos, right?
I love pairing these tacos with my tomatillo avocado dressing which PSA: also make a delicious dip for tortilla chips! Round out the meal with these skinny palomas. I highly, highly recommend whipping up a batch of palomas (aka the BEST summer cocktail) to pair with the tacos! Your friends will thank you. 😉
In my opinion, all you need for a fun evening with friends is a good meal and a tasty drink. If you want to take your night to the next level though, play some games! We’ve been getting into game nights with our friends lately and it’s been so.much.fun! We’ve played Cranium, Scattergories, Bananagram and cards. Do you have any fun games we should add to our list?
If you’re not entertaining, this is still a quick and easy summer dinner. You can use fresh onion and peppers or use a frozen fajita veggie mix to make the prep even simpler! Not in the mood for tacos? Make these tempeh veggie burgers instead. They are perfect for summer entertaining too!
Do you have a go-to meal when guests come over? And what are your favorite kind of tacos?Print
These gluten-free and vegan tempeh tacos are perfect for summer entertaining! Create a taco bar and let everyone load up the tacos with their favorite toppings.
- 4 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 8 oz package of Lightlife Tempeh (any variety will work)
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 16oz package of frozen fajita veggies (bell pepper and onions)
- Avocado, sliced
- Broccoli slaw
- Tomatillo dressing
- 4 corn tortillas
- Optional: limes, salsa, hot sauce, pickled onions
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to a medium skillet (I used a cast iron skillet), add fajita veggies and 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning. Sauté veggies until tender and hot, about 5-7 minutes. Move to a bowl.
- Crumble tempeh into small pieces using your hands and add to a bowl with tamari, lime juice and 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning.
- In the same skillet you used to cook the veggies, add another 2 teaspoons of oil and add tempeh mixture into the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until tempeh starts to brown and is warm throughout, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet and start building tacos.
- For tacos fill one tortilla with tempeh, fajita veggies, slaw and avocado slices. Top with tomatillo dressing. Add salsa, hot sauce, pickled onions and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if using.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 744mg
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 19g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: tempeh tacos, vegan tempeh tacos
If you try this tempeh taco recipe be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. I LOVE seeing your feedback and it’s super helpful for other members of the EBF community as well.