Single Serving Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Published Jun 08, 2021, Updated Sep 13, 2021
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
A delicious blueberry baked oatmeal recipe that makes just one individual serving! It has protein powder for an added protein boost and no bananas.
As you likely know, I’ve been hooked on baked oatmeal for a few years now, but until recently I had only made large batches! After baked oats exploded on TikTok I starting getting a ton of requests for single-serving baked oatmeal recipes and this was the first recipe I developed.
This version is studded with blueberry for a sweet, juicy burst of flavor in every bite. It also has protein powder for a protein boost which will keep you fuller, longer.
Baked oatmeal is so simple to make. Made with minimal ingredients and mixed in just one bowl. Satisfy your blueberry craving with this single serve version!
Here’s What You Need
Here’s a list of everything you need to make this delicious recipe:
- rolled oats – I recommend using rolled oats because they are less processed and give a good texture to the baked oatmeal.
- dairy-free milk – I like to use unsweetened almond milk, but any dairy-free milk will work.
- vanilla protein powder – I recommend Nuzest protein powder (it’s my current fave) but any works!
- almond butter – look for natural almond butter where the ingredients are just almonds and salt.
- blueberries – the star of the show! You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- chia seeds – optional but I like to add for extra fiber and healthy fats.
- baking powder – helps the baked oatmeal rise and lightens the texture of the baked oatmeal.
- cinnamon – one of the key ingredients you’ll find in almost all my baked oatmeal recipes.
- maple syrup – add a hint of sweetness with maple syrup.
- sea salt – just a pinch to bring all of the flavors together.
What if I Need More Than 1 Serving?
A lot of people love the idea of a single serving because it offers easy portion control, but if you need more than one serving, I created this blueberry baked oatmeal recipe that makes six servings! It’s great for a crowd or if you want to bake once and portion out pieces of the baked oatmeal for breakfast all week long! I also have these blueberry oatmeal cups if you want your baked oatmeal in muffin form! These are really portable and perfect for kiddos.
tip! If you're cooking for a crowd or want to meal prep a larger portion, make my blueberry baked oatmeal that makes 6 servings!
Can I Make It Ahead of Time
This recipe is best enjoyed right after baking! It does take about 35 minutes to prepare, but much of that time is hands-off cooking time!
If you want to try prepping it in advance you can combine all the ingredients, place in a covered container and then transfer to the baking dish and bake the next morning. I haven’t fully tested this method, but it should work just fine.
More Single Serve Baked Oatmeals:
- Single Serving Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Single Serving Strawberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Single Serving Banana Baked Oatmeal
More Blueberry Recipes to Try:
Single Serving Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla protein powder, (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon natural almond butter
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅕ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons blueberries plus more for topping
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour: Pour into a greased ramekin (mine is 8 oz) and sprinkle a few extra blueberries on top.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy: Let cool, top with a drizzle of almond butter and extra blueberries and dive in!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Absolutely delicious and simple to make. Perfect refueling breakfast after my morning run. Thank you!
Woo!! So happy to hear this blueberry baked oatmeal was a hit, Kathryn! Thanks so much for the review. I really appreciate it.
This was so good! I used frozen blueberries and it turned out great 🫐👍
Yay! I’m glad this worked out for you, Ann! Thanks for making it and coming back to leave a review and star rating, I really appreciate it.
I LOVE this oatmeal. I keep it in my rotation and it keeps me feeling full until lunch time
So glad this recipe was a hit, Ashlee! Thanks for coming back to leave a review. I so appreciate it!
Loved it! Hubby is such a fan of this oatmeal recipe! Love your ramekins too. Where can I get them?
Yay! I am excited to hear that you are loving this recipe and that it is a hit for you and your husband. I got the ramekins from crate and barrel years ago and unfortunately they do not sell them anymore. Thank you for your review + star rating, I really appreciate it!