Single Serving Apple Baked Oatmeal
Published Jun 08, 2021, Updated Sep 13, 2021
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This easy apple baked oatmeal recipe makes just one serving! It’s loaded with cinnamon flavor and the perfect cozy breakfast for one.
One of my favorite flavor combinations (behind chocolate and peanut butter) is apples and cinnamon! I love it year round, but especially in the cooler fall months.
I’ve already shared a classic multiple-serving apple cinnamon baked oatmeal recipe but I wanted to share this single serve version for those of you who are cooking for one! It’s a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
You Will Love Single Serve Baked Oatmeal
Whether or not you’ve tried one of my classic baked oatmeal recipes or the trendy TikTok baked oats, I know you’re going to love my single-serving baked oatmeal recipes as well (including this one)! Here’s why:
- Easy to prep – it’s so simple to prep. Just mix all of the ingredients and bake!
- Minimal clean up – yep, everything is mixed in one bowl and then baked in another… just two dishes to clean!
- Healthy and filling – this single serve baked oatmeal is packed with fiber. You can add protein powder to make it even more satisfying.
- Single serving – don’t worry about having leftovers for the week and just make what you’re craving NOW!
Baked oatmeal is so simple to make. Made with minimal ingredients and mixed in just one bowl. Satisfy your apple cinnamon craving right now with this single serve version!
Here’s What You Need
Here’s everything you need to make this simple recipe!
- rolled oats – I recommend using rolled oats because they are less processed and give a good texture to the baked oatmeal.
- dairy-free milk – I like to use unsweetened almond milk but any dairy-free milk will work.
- chia seeds – optional but I like to add for extra fiber and healthy fats. Learn more about chia seeds here.
- baking powder – helps the baked oatmeal rise and lightens the texture of the baked oatmeal.
- cinnamon – I’m a cinnamon lover so I add cinnamon to almost all of my baked oatmeal recipes, but it’s a key ingredient for this one!
- maple syrup – add a hint of sweetness with maple syrup.
- sea salt – just a pinch to bring all of the flavors together.
- unsweetened applesauce – adds moisture and a subtle apple flavor to this baked oatmeal. Feel free to use my recipe for applesauce or store-bought.
- chopped apples – gotta have apples in apple baked oatmeal! Feel free to use whatever variety you prefer. I like sweet varieties like Fuji and Honeycrisp or a more tart option like Granny Smith!
What if I Need More Than 1 Serving?
A lot of people love the idea of a single serving because it offers easy portion control, but if you need more than one serving, I have three great options for you! This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal is a staple recipe and makes 6 servings. Have steel cut oats? Try this apple baked steel cut oatmeal! Need something that’s easy to grab and go? Try these apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups.
tip! If you're cooking for a crowd or want to meal prep, make my apple cinnamon baked oatmeal, apple baked steel cut oatmeal or my apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups – they all make multiple servings!
Can I Add Protein Powder?
Yes! I love adding protein powder to make this a more filling and satisfying breakfast. Add 2 tablespoons of protein powder (I would use vanilla in this recipe!) while mixing. You shouldn’t need to add any extra liquid, but if the mixture is dry while mixing you can add a splash of extra milk.
How to Serve Baked Oatmeal
I love eating baked oatmeal on it’s own but you could absolutely pair with more options for a full breakfast spread. Here’s what I would serve with baked oatmeal:
- Easy Fruit Salad – can’t go wrong with fruit + oatmeal!
- Egg and Greens Bowl – get protein and fiber with this delicious eggs and greens bowl.
- Mango Smoothie – this refreshing smoothie is made with just 3 ingredients.
More Single Serve Baked Oatmeals:
- Single Serving Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Single Serving Strawberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Single Serving Banana Baked Oatmeal
More Oatmeal Recipes to Try:
Single Serve Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds optional
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon chopped apples plus more for topping
- Toppings: extra apple chunks, a drizzle of maple syrup and/or a drizzle of nut butter
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour: Pour into a greased ramekin (I used an 8 oz dish). Top with additional chopped apples.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy: Let cool, add toppings of choice and dive in.
- Want to add protein powder? Add 2 tablespoons of protein powder (I would use vanilla in this recipe!) while mixing. You shouldn’t need to add any extra liquid, but if the mixture is dry while mixing you can add a splash of extra milk.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This has been my breakfast so far this week. SO good! I follow the recipe to the letter and top with peanut butter 😋
Woo!! Love hearing this, Ann. Thanks so much for the review. It means so much to me!
This was delicious! I told my son it was apple crisp and he ate it thinking he was having dessert for breakfast!
Ah yay! I am so happy that you and your son enjoyed this recipe, Angie! Thank you so much for your review + star rating, I really appreciate it.