Single Serving Strawberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
Published Jun 08, 2021, Updated Jan 04, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
An easy recipe for single serving chocolate chip baked oatmeal with strawberries. You will love this delicious combo of flavors!
It’s strawberry season!! You loved my strawberry baked oatmeal that’s similar to this recipe, so I had to make a single serve version! It’s just as a delicious and has built-in portion control.
You Will Love Single Serve Baked Oatmeal
Whether or not you’ve tried one of my classic baked oatmeal recipes or the trendy TikTok baked oats I know you’re going to love the variety of single-serving baked oatmeal recipes I came up with as well (including this one)! Here’s why:
- Easy to prep – it’s so simple to prep. Just mix all of the ingredients and bake!
- Minimal clean up – yep, everything is mixed in one bowl and then baked in another… just two dishes to clean!
- Single serving – don’t worry about having leftovers for the week and just make what you’re craving NOW!
- Healthy and filling – this single serve baked oatmeal is packed with fiber. You can add protein powder to make it even more satisfying.
Baked oatmeal is so simple to make. Made with minimal ingredients and mixed in just one bowl. Get your strawberry fix with this single serve version!
Here’s What You Need
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this recipe!
- rolled oats – I recommend using rolled oats because they are less processed and give a good texture to the baked oatmeal.
- dairy-free milk – I like to use unsweetened almond milk but any dairy-free milk will work.
- chia seeds – optional but I like to add for extra fiber and healthy fats. Read all about the health benefits of chia seeds here.
- baking powder – helps the baked oatmeal rise and lightens the texture of the baked oatmeal.
- cinnamon – this adds a subtle hint of flavor and sweetness. I love adding it to my baked oatmeal recipes.
- maple syrup – add a hint of sweetness with maple syrup. You can use another liquid sweetener if you prefer.
- sea salt – just a pinch to bring all of the flavors together.
- mashed banana – adds moisture, a subtle flavor and sweetness to this baked oatmeal.
- chopped strawberries – the star of the show! I like using fresh strawberries, but frozen will work in a pinch.
- chocolate chips – I like to mix in chocolate chips and top with a few extra for good measure. I’m currently hooked on Lily’s chocolate chips because they’re low in sugar.
What if I Need More Than 1 Serving?
Need more than one serving?! You’re in luck! I created this strawberry banana baked oatmeal recipe that makes 6 servings. This recipe is great if you want to bake once and eat healthy all week long! I also have an easy recipe for chocolate chip baked oatmeal cups that are an awesome portable breakfast option. You could easily add strawberries to that recipe if you wanted!
tip! If you're cooking for a crowd or want to meal prep, make my strawberry banana baked oatmeal! It's very similar and makes six servings.
Can I Make It Ahead of Time
This recipe is best enjoyed right after baking! It does take about 35 minutes to prepare, but much of that time is hands-off cooking time!
If you want to try prepping it in advance you can combine all the ingredients, place in a covered container and then transfer to the baking dish and bake the next morning. I haven’t fully tested this method, but it should work just fine.
More Single Serve Baked Oatmeals:
- Single Serving Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Single Serving Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Single Serving Banana Baked Oatmeal
More Oatmeal Recipes to Try:
Single Serve Strawberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons mashed banana
- 2 Tablespoons chopped strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Toppings: chopped strawberries, banana slices and/or maple syrup, banana slices and/or maple syrup optional toppings
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients: Combine all ingredients (except chopped strawberries and chocolate chips) in a mixing bowl.
- Add mix-ins: Add chopped strawberries and 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Pour: Pour into a greased ramekin. (I used an 8 oz mini Le Creuset) Top with additional chopped strawberries and more chocolate chips.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy: Let cool, add toppings of choice and dive in.
- Want to add protein powder? Add 2 tablespoons of (I would use vanilla in this recipe) while mixing. You shouldn’t need to add any extra liquid, but if the mixture is dry while mixing you can add a splash of extra milk.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.