The most amazing vegan broccoli raisin salad made with a rich and creamy cashew dressing instead of mayo. This salad is a total crowd-pleaser and perfect for summer parties!
I decided to try my hand at a healthy version of this old favorite — one that still has the crunchy, sweet vibe, but healthier without the added sugar, dairy and meat.
My broccoli raisin salad is crunchy, rich in flavor and sweet, but with much healthier ingredients like raw nuts, seeds and raisins. I even managed to sneak uber-healthy apple cider vinegar into the dressing! I think I’ll take it to my next family cookout and see if my version stacks up to mom’s.
Vegan broccoli raisin salad with a rich and creamy cashew dressing instead of mayo. This salad is crunchy, sweet and absolutely delicious, perfect for summer parties.
- 6 cups broccoli (two small to medium sized crowns), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 1- 2 hours
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Mix together broccoli, sunflower seeds, red onion and raisins.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a high powered blender or processor until completely smooth.
- Top with dressing and combine until all ingredients are covered. Serve immediately or let chill in the fridge a bit before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 11g
Have a great day. If you’re on the east coast, enjoy the beautiful weather! The high is supposed to be in the mid-80’s here today, just like yesterday. I’m loving it!!
PS- Did anyone catch Modern Family last night? We missed it so we’ll probably watch it tomorrow, but I know it’s about Cam and his ex-clown partner so I’m excited.