Kale and Feta Crustless Quiche
Published Mar 06, 2013, Updated Aug 30, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This crustless quiche is such an easy low-carb meal that can be served for breakfast/brunch, lunch or dinner. You’ll love the delicious combination of kale, onions, mushrooms and feta.
Today I have a delicious recipe I’ve been waiting to share. As you all know, I love kale! It’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods we can eat and it tastes good, so naturally, I try to include it in any dish possible. Recently I decided to make a crustless quiche and of course, kale needed to be involved.
This crustless quiche is savory, cheesy and healthy… what’s not to love? I’m pretty positive that this is one of my favorite recipes that I’ve created for EBF. I couldn’t stop eating it. And that says a lot for something that doesn’t have peanut butter or chocolate.
Benefits of Kale
Leafy green veggies are the most nutrient-rich foods on Earth and kale is no exception. Kale is low in calories and packed with nutrients! It is really high in vitamin A, C and K as well as a good plant-based source of calcium.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- kale – You can use frozen or fresh
- eggs and egg whites
- unsweetened almond milk
- feta cheese
- dried Italian seasoning
- grated nutmeg
- sea salt
- parsley – for garnish
Substitutions & Notes
- To make the quiche dairy-free – use a vegan cheese or skip the cheese all together. I also have a dairy-free quiche recipe that’s delicious.
- Use different veggies – I love the combo of onion, garlic, mushrooms and kale, but feel free to use your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand.
- Milk – I like using unsweetened almond milk, but any type of milk will work.
What to Serve with Quiche
This recipe is makes for easy breakfasts throughout the week, but is also special enough to make for brunch. It would be great to serve on Easter morning. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Coffee Cake – I always love having a sweet item at brunch and this vegan coffee cake is the perfect brunch addition.
- Fruit Salad – Have to have fruit on the table too! I love this simple mixed berry fruit salad.
- Mimosas – To round out this special brunch, I’ll be serving mimosas as well!
More Egg Dishes You Might Like
- Egg, Spinach and Feta Breakfast Wrap
- Sausage Egg Casserole
- Egg White Oatmeal
- Baked Avocado Eggs
- Egg and Greens Bowl
- Baked Egg Muffins
- Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Frittata
Be sure to check out all of the breakfast recipes here on EBF!
Kale and Feta Crustless Quiche
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ bunch kale, chopped (about 3-4 cups)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- ⅔ cup unsweetened Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray or coconut oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, kale, dried Italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally and adding a tablespoon or two of water if the pan gets too dry, until onions are translucent and kale and mushrooms have wilted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, almond milk and nutmeg. Season with an additional pinch of sea salt and pepper. Spread onion, mushroom and kale mixture on the bottom of prepared quiche dish. Sprinkle on the feta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over top and push under any ingredients not covered by the egg mixture to prevent burning. Bake uncovered until set and golden brown around edges, about 25 minutes. Let quiche rest at room temperature for 10-12 minutes, then cut into four slices, top with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.