This crustless quiche is such an easy low-carb meal that can be served for breakfast/brunch, lunch or dinner. You’ll love the delicious combination of kale, onions, mushrooms and feta.
- cooking spray or coconut oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 bunch (about 3–4 cups) of kale, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray or coconut oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, kale, dried Italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally and adding a tablespoon or two of water if the pan gets too dry, until onions are translucent and kale and mushrooms have wilted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, almond milk and nutmeg. Season with an additional pinch of sea salt and pepper. Spread onion, mushroom and kale mixture on the bottom of prepared quiche dish. Sprinkle on the feta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over top and push under any ingredients not covered by the egg mixture to prevent burning. Bake uncovered until set and golden brown around edges, about 25 minutes. Let quiche rest at room temperature for 10-12 minutes, then cut into four slices, top with fresh parsley and serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1/4 of quiche
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g