Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream
Published Jul 15, 2021, Updated Jul 17, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This healthy oatmeal raisin ice cream is made with a banana ice cream base and has oats and raisins throughout. It’s naturally sweetened and absolutely delicious!
This recipe came to me while I was making oatmeal raisin protein cookies, which use bananas as the base. I decided to taste the “batter” and turns out the batter was delicious on its own (no surprise there). I couldn’t stop eating it.
And after a few tastes I knew I needed to make a cinnamon oatmeal raisin ice cream use my one ingredient banana ice cream recipe as a the base.
The funny thing is that there’s an ice cream shop here in Richmond called Gelati Celesti that has a flavor called cinnamon oatmeal cookie dough and it’s my all-time favorite, but the idea of making a healthy banana soft serve version never crossed my mind.
If you’re dealing with sweltering heat right now, I highly recommend cool down with this healthy frozen treat. You can feel good about eating it because it’s vegan, low-fat, gluten-free (if you use gluten-free oats) and absolutely delicious.
Here’s What You Need:
- frozen bananas – frozen bananas are the base of this vegan “nice cream”. I like to cut them into chunks so they blend up a little easier in the food processor.
- old fashioned oats – adds a little texture and a delicious oatmeal cookie flavor.
- raisins – another staple ingredient in this recipe. The raisins add a hint of sweetness and raisin flavor that pairs with the oatmeal.
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk – any non-dairy milk works, but I like using unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- cinnamon – the perfect spice to bring all of the flavors together!
Is Banana Ice Cream Healthier Than Traditional Ice Cream?
Heck yes! This “ice cream” is lower in sugar and higher in fiber thanks to the banana. It’s also low-fat, dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free, making it a great treat for those with dietary restrictions. I actually prefer banana ice cream to regular ice cream and Liv is a big fan too!
How to Store
My batch always disappears a little too quickly… but if you have self control and want to store leftovers, this will last for up to 3 months when stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
More Cool Treats to Try
- Chocolate Strawberry Banana Yogurt Clusters
- Mint Chip Avocado Ice Cream
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Bars
- Strawberry Coconut Milk Sorbet
- 3-Ingredient Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Raspberries
- Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries
- Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream
- Place frozen banana chunks, oatmeal, raisins, almond milk (start with 2 Tablespoons) and cinnamon into a food processor.
- Pulse/process until smooth and creamy. You may need to turn off the motor and stir the mixture a couple times while processing.
- Grab bowls and serve immediately. We love this eaten as soft serve right after blending!
- For a scoop-able ice cream, transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe dish and freezer for two hours. Scoop and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.