Asian Noodle Bowl (for Meal Prep)
Published Apr 05, 2023, Updated Aug 25, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This asian noodle bowl combines rice noodles, peanut tofu and fresh vegetables with a simple and flavorful sauce. It’s vegan, gluten-free and perfect for meal prep!
If you’re looking for a light, refreshing and easy to make plant-based meal this asian noodle bowl is for you! It combines rice noodles with crisp baked tofu, edamame, loads of colorful fresh veggies and a super simple sauce.
And the best part? This recipe is perfect for meal prep! It makes 4 servings so is the perfect recipe to make over the weekend for quick and easy lunches throughout the week. Plus, it tastes delicious cold straight out of the fridge so there’s no reheating necessary!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It can be customized to your liking with different vegetables and proteins.
- Once your tofu is cooked this recipe comes together in no time at all!
- Leftovers hold up well so it’s perfect for meal prep.
- Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
- One serving has over 30 grams of plant-based protein!
- baked peanut tofu – this baked peanut tofu is the perfect plant-based addition to this bowl. It’s nice and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and coated in a hearty peanut sauce which adds a ton of flavor.
- rice noodles – I like using the Thai Kitchen thin rice noodles for this recipe, but pad thai noodles or brown rice noodles will also work.
- vegetables – we’re using purple cabbage, carrots, cucumber and red bell pepper. I love the variety of color they all add to this bowl!
- edamame – adds a ton of plant-based protein (1 cup has about 18 grams), fiber and vitamins. It’s also a good source of healthy fat and antioxidants while being low in calories and cholesterol. You can buy it in the shell or shelled (sometimes called mukimame), which is what we’re using for this recipe.
- green onion – for serving.
- sauce – a super simple sauce made with tamari (or soy sauce), veggie broth (or water), lime juice, maple syrup, garlic, tahini and sambal oelek. It’s so good!
How to Make
If you haven’t done so already, prepare and bake the peanut tofu according to the instructions.
While tofu is baking, make the sauce by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
Assemble by dividing noodles, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, edamame and tofu into 4 bowls. Drizzle 3 Tablespoons of sauce over a bowl, toss to combine and top with green onions. Enjoy!
Customize Your Bowl
The great thing about this asian noodle bowl is that it’s completely customizable so feel free to make this recipe your own! Here are some ideas:
- Use different veggies – have different veggies on hand? Use what you have! This bowl would be delicious with broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, snow peas, bok choy, green beans… really any type of veggie!
- Swap the noodles – you can easily swap the thin rice noodles for pad thai noodles, soba noodles or brown rice noodles. You can also use rice if that’s what you prefer!
- Change the protein – if you have a peanut allergy you could still use tofu, just swap the peanut butter with almond butter, SunButter or tahini. If you don’t need this recipe to be plant-based you could also use chicken, beef, shrimp or really any preferred meat option.
- Switch up the sauce – want to add more spice to the sauce? Add some red chili flakes or sriracha! Serving this dish to kiddos or just aren’t a fan of spice? Skip the sambal oelek in the sauce altogether. You could also add more flavor by adding fresh ginger, rice vinegar or sesame oil to the sauce.
- Add herbs – I love adding fresh herbs to my recipes! Thai basil, mint or cilantro would all elevate the flavors of this bowl.
How to Meal Prep Asian Noodle Bowl
This is the ultimate meal prep bowl. You can prep all of the components in advance and have a delicious, filling meal in minutes! Here’s how I would meal prep this recipe:
- Add ¼ cup of sauce to the bottom of a wide-mouth large mason jar.
- Add cooked rice noodles on top of the sauce.
- Top rice noodles with remaining ingredients in this order: cabbage, tofu, carrots, pepper, cucumber and edamame.
- When ready to enjoy, pour into a bowl and enjoy!
More Meal Prep Recipes
- Grilled Chicken and Quinoa Meal Prep Bowls
- Meal Prep Detox Salad
- Tempeh Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls
- 10 Mason Jar Salads to Meal Prep This Summer
- Maple Mustard Tempeh Meal Prep Bowls
- Falafel Bowls (Homemade Cava Bowls)
- Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
- Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowl
- Mother Earth Bowl (Flower Child Copycat)
- Salmon Burrito Bowl
- Buddha Bowl
- Chicken Protein Bowl
- Easy Salmon Meal Prep Bowl
- Vegan Power Bowl
Asian Noodle Bowl (for Meal Prep)
- 1 batch baked peanut tofu
- 8 oz box thin rice noodles or pad thai rice noodles
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cups shelled and cooked edamame
- Green onion, for serving
- If you haven’t already, prep and cook tofu.
- While tofu is baking, make sauce by whisking ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Assemble by dividing noodles, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, edamame and tofu into 4 bowls. Drizzle 3 Tablespoons of sauce over bowl and top with green onions. Enjoy!
- To meal prep: In a wide-mouth large mason jar add ¼ cup of sauce at the bottom, followed by rice noodles, cabbage, tofu, carrots, pepper, cucumber and edamame. When ready to enjoy, pour into a bowl and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.