Despite the fact that I love seafood, I don’t have many seafood recipes posted on here on EBF. I’ve decided it’s time for that to change! To kick things off I’m sharing a delicious and healthy salmon recipe today.
The best part about having fish for dinner is that it cooks super fast and you can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes. <– Always a plus in my book!
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets (about 3-4 oz each)
- ½ Tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together honey, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork-tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. For a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 5 to 10 additional minutes. Just make sure you don't overcook the salmon.
I served it up on a bed of quinoa with a side of tomatoes and garlicky kale. Not only is this salmon easy to make and healthy, but it’s super flavorful, especially considering there’s only six ingredients involved, all of which you probably have in your kitchen right now. It doesn’t get much better than that!!
Isaac and I both really loved this meal and I will definitely be making it again soon. I hope you all like it as much as we do!
In other news, I want to give a little update on my April Challenge. I had pretty good results, despite the major indulgences that occurred when we were on vacay in Austin. I lost about 1.5 lbs and several inches – the most exciting being the 2 inches I lost around my belly button area! I owe it all to following the Tone It Up nutrition plan and the two bootcamp programs I’ve been doing, both of which I bought off of Living Social. These workouts were just the kick in the tush I needed! Of course, knowing that I had engagement photos coming up definitely motivated me too. 😉 So now that we’re in May, I’ve decided to keep trucking along with following the TIU plan (with a few indulgences here and there). It’s been working really well for me over the last month and a half — I feel awesome and love the accountability of checking in with the other TIU team members.
Alright, have a lovely a Tuesday friends. I’m going to try, but the fact that there’s no New Girl on tonight makes my Tuesday much less exciting. Guess I’ll have to find something else fun to do tonight.