A classic banana bread recipe made a little healthier with a blend of regular and whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar*
- 1/4 cup butter, softened or melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat at low speed just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
*For a lower sugar version you can reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup or use 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup instead of the sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g