These Pumpkin Spice Cereal Squares are a fall spin on my original recipe for superfood cereal squares. They’re loaded with good for you ingredients and full of pumpkin spice flavor. Gluten and dairy-free!
Every year around this time I tend to go a little pumpkin crazy. This year the pumpkin bender started this weekend. I made pumpkin pie yogurt bowls, these pumpkin spice squares and two batches of pumpkin oatmeal cookies. I bought little white pumpkins at Trader Joe’s to decorate with and burned this pumpkin candle all weekend long. It officially feels (and smells) like fall is here!
So these little pumpkin spice cereal squares… they are a take on the superfood cereal squares I posted last month. In that post I mentioned that I wanted to try them with the new Pumpkin Spice Cheerios and it didn’t take long for that to happen.
I posted a photo of the pumpkin spice version on Instagram and asked if I should post the full recipe and everyone said yes so here it is!
The recipe is very similar to the original just with a deeper orange hue and that pumpkin spice flavor we all love. I’d say that if you already had plans to try the cereal squares, you should just grab a box of the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios and make these first. The original squares are awesome and lovely, but these squares are legit the perfect snack for this time of year.
Can’t you just see yourself taking a few with you for on your next fall hike or enjoying one as a snack after a fun day at the pumpkin patch?
I’m already considering making another batch because everyone I share these with absolutely loved them and they vanished way too fast.
Pumpkin Spice Superfood Cereal Squares
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place Cheerios, oats, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, pepitas, sunflower seeds, hemp and chia seeds in a large bowl. Toss to combine.In a small saucepan, heat almond butter and honey over low-medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture is completely smooth. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt.Pour over the cereal mixture and gently toss to coat everything.Pour into lined pan and press mixture down firmly with a spatula or your hands. Place squares in the freezer for about 30 minutes to set up. Remove from freezer, cut into squares and serve. Store leftover squares in the fridge.
GET THE INGREDIENTS:
Oh and as an added bonus, I have a little video to show you exactly how easy it is to make them:
If you happen to make these Pumpkin Spice Cereal Squares, please let me know how they turn out in the comments below or tag me on social media (@eatingbirdfood) so I can see your lovely creation.