Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Frosting
Published Nov 01, 2021, Updated Jul 07, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This simple, protein-packed peanut butter Greek yogurt frosting is made with nut butter and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. It’s a great healthier frosting option to use on top of all your favorite treats.
Another frosting recipe for you! I’m extra excited about this frosting recipe because it has a nutty twist! Add in peanut butter, almond butter or any type of seed butter for a savory-sweet frosting that is so tasty!
Why You’ll Love This Frosting
- Only four simple ingredients! You likely have all of these ingredients in your house already.
- Comes together in less than five minutes… there’s just one step to this recipe!
- Nut butter. Need I say more? I love this nutty + sweet combination that is surprisingly versatile!
Here’s What You Need
- Greek yogurt – I recommend using plain full-fat yogurt for this recipe. We’re adding enough flavors so you don’t need to use a flavored yogurt! Also make sure you’re using full fat and Greek yogurt – regular yogurt or low-fat will be too runny for this recipe.
- peanut butter or almond butter – any nut or seed butter will work. I recommend using natural nut or seed butter where the only ingredient is the nut or seed and salt.
- maple syrup – just a hint of added sweetness to balance the recipe. I’m sure honey or agave would work well as a sub for the maple syrup!
- vanilla extract – a flavor enhancer to bring the recipe together.
How to Make Greek Yogurt Frosting
It doesn’t get easier than this recipe… are you ready? Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and use a hand mixer to whip the frosting until fully combined and fluffy. You can also use a stand mixer if you have one! Don’t have either? Get your arms warmed up and whip with a whisk!
Tips For Frosting
You can frost this in a variety of different ways! I usually just use a knife or spatula to spread the frosting on cake or cupcakes but you could also pipe it! Scoop the frosting into a piping bag or a plastic baggie. Cut the corner of the baggie and pipe out the frosting on your treats.
How to Use Greek Yogurt Frosting
This recipe will make enough to frost 24 cupcakes, a 13×9 cake or a 8-9 inch layered cake. I’m already envisioning this on a peanut butter or chocolate cake, my healthy birthday cake, my healthy vanilla cake, on my protein mug cake or as a fun topping to my chocolate baked oatmeal. This frosting would also be delicious as a dip for fresh fruit or as a topping for pancakes! So many options…
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. The frosting may “fall” a bit in the refrigerator so I would give it a quick whip again before using to make sure it’s light and fluffy!
More Frosting Recipes
- Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting
- Healthy Chocolate Frosting
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
The Most Popular Dessert Recipes
- Healthy Protein Cookie Dough
- Strawberry Quinoa Parfait
- Almond Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Rice Krispie Treats
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Healthy Smash Cake
- No Bake Almond Cookies
Be sure to check out all of the dessert recipes here on EBF!
Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Add ingredients to a bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the frosting until combined and fluffy.
- Use as desired to frost cupcakes or cake. This recipe will yield enough to frost 24 cupcakes, a 13×9 cake or a 8-9 inch layered cake.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.