Curried Avocado Egg Salad
Published Mar 25, 2013, Updated Jun 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This avocado egg salad has a rich, creaminess from the avocado and a robust sweet and savory spiciness from the curry powder.
Isaac and I aren’t big mayo fans. I usually sub Greek yogurt for mayo whenever I’m making a protein salad like with my Greek yogurt chicken salad and tuna salad. When I saw a recipe for egg salad made with avocado instead of mayo (which was probably on Pinterest), I knew I had to try it for myself.
Curry Powder in Egg Salads
For this recipe I used my go-to curried egg salad recipe but instead of using regular mayonnaise or vegan mayo, I added a 1/4 of an avocado.
Adding curry powder to egg salad is something I started doing a couple years ago and now I don’t make egg salad without it! This particular recipe has a rich, creaminess from the avocado and a robust sweet and savory spiciness from the curry powder. The two pair together quite nicely.
This avocado egg recipe is really easy to make. Once your eggs are boiled, this salad comes together in no time at all. Here’s what you need:
- hard boiled eggs
- red onion or green onion
- relish or chopped pickles – you can leave out the relish/pickles but I really like the flavor they add.
- dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar
- curry powder
- raisins, dill and celery – optional add-ins.
How to Make Avocado Egg Salad
Ready for the easiest recipe ever? It’s basically just two steps…
Boil eggs: Follow my hard boiled eggs recipe to boil your eggs.
Combine ingredients: Add eggs, avocado, dijon mustard, relish (or pickles), green onions, curry powder, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and any other add-ins into a large bowl. Mash together with a fork.
Serve or store: Enjoy right away or chill before serving.
How to Serve Avocado Egg Salad
I love how diverse egg salad is! Here are some serving suggestions:
- With crackers for a snack or an appetizer. Try my almond flour crackers.
- On bread or in a wrap for a sandwich (I love the pita pockets with little spring mix and tomato slices).
- Over a bed of greens for a meal-sized salad.
Prepping and Storing Egg Salad
Egg salad is the perfect meal prep recipe! Double or triple this recipe for healthy meals and snacks all week long. After mixing all of the ingredients together, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The salad will keep for 3-5 days.
More Protein Salad Recipes to Try
If you’re looking for more protein-rich salad recipes, here are some of my favorites:
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Turkey Salad
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Almond Butter Chicken Salad
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Curried Chickpea Salad
- Vegan “Chicken” Salad
Curried Avocado Egg Salad
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 large avocado, cubed
- 1/2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons relish or chopped pickles
- 2 teaspoons red onions, or green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4-1 teaspoon curry powder
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- optional add-ins: fresh dill, chopped celery, raisins
- Combine ingredients: Add all ingredients into a bowl and mash together with a fork. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve: Use egg salad on salads, sandwiches or wraps. I did pita pockets with little spring mix and tomato slices.
- Relish or chopped pickles: You can leave out the relish/pickles but I really like the flavor they add.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.