This avocado egg salad uses avocado instead of mayo for a healthy and creamy egg salad that’s perfect for sandwiches, wraps or topping a salad. You’ll love the sweet and spicy flavor that the curry powder adds as well.
I don’t remember where I first saw a recipe for egg salad made with avocado instead of mayo (probably Pinterest), but Isaac and I aren’t big mayo fans so this idea appealed to me. I put it in the back of mind and when I thought about making egg salad this weekend I decided to try it out. I used my go-to curried egg salad recipe but instead of using regular mayonnaise or vegan mayo, I added a 1/4 of an avocado.
Here’s what I put in my egg salad recipe:
- hardboiled eggs
- relish or chopped pickles
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- curry powder
Adding curry powder to egg salad is something I started doing a couple years ago and now I don’t make egg salad without it. This particular recipe has a rich, creaminess from the avocado and a robust sweet and savory spiciness from the curry powder. The two pair together quite nicely. You can leave out the relish/pickles but I really like the flavor they add.
It’s a really easy recipe and once your eggs are boiled, it comes together in no time at all.
If you try this curried avocado egg salad recipe please leave a comment and star rating to let me know how it turns out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and other EBF readers who are thinking about making the recipe.Print
Make healthy egg salad by replacing mayo with avocado and adding curry powder for a kick!
- 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 large avocado, cubed
- 1/2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons relish or chopped pickles
- 2 teaspoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4–1 teaspoon curry powder
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- optional add-ins: fresh dill, chopped celery, raisins
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mash together with a fork. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Use egg salad on salads, sandwiches or wraps. I did pita pockets with little spring mix and tomato slices.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: curried egg salad