Meet your new go-to cookout or BBQ dish! This colorful black bean and corn salad is loaded with veggies and takes only minutes to prepare. Vegan + gluten-free.
It’s Friday and I’m sure many of you will be grilling out or attending a party this weekend so I wanted to share one of my favorite healthy (and incredibly easy) cookout dishes with you. It’s a black bean and corn salad, also known as black bean succotash.
Why I Love Black Bean and Corn Salad
Here’s why I love this black bean and corn salad:
- It’s sweet, fresh and delicious.
- It’s colorful.
- It’s quick and easy.
- Only 9 ingredients (and that’s counting s+p).
- It pairs well with everything from burgers to grilled chicken and seafood. <– It’s amazing as a topping for grilled salmon.
- Did I mention it’s quick and easy?
The next time you find yourself needing a last minute BBQ dish. I highly recommend trying this recipe. This weekend, perhaps?!?
Basically all you have to do is pour the ingredients in a bowl and stir. How easy is that?
If you make this Black Bean and Corn Salad please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting me know how the recipe turned out. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other readers!Print
Meet your new go-to cookout dish! This colorful black bean and corn salad is super healthy and takes only minutes to prepare.
- 1 bag (16 oz) sweet frozen corn kernels, defrosted*
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine veggies and beans in a large bowl. Add the parsley, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Best served cold or at room temp. Store leftovers in a covered dish the fridge.
- Fresh corn can be used here as well. You’ll probably need 4-5 ears of corn to get 4 cups!
- Serving Size: 1½ cups
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: black bean and corn salad
In the mood for something different, try one of my other veggie packed cookout side dishes: